When is your old-good-new-bad cutoff, /v?

When is your old-good-new-bad cutoff, /v?

For me, it's somewhere around 2012 though.

Attached: 1661204992033859.jpg (1024x569, 71.57K)

2000, the PS2 killed video games

Anything that wasn't available in arcades first is SOVLLESS, so basically since the SNES, which killed videogames

never really happened for me, in fact I only seem to enjoy games more the further we go, pic related is the games I enjoy. although objectively I think 2007 was when AA and AAA gaming took a nosedive that never really recovered
>80s - 1
>90s - 4
>00s - 17
>10s - 24

Attached: 99.png (2286x1142, 3.93M)

2080. huawei's 9g making online lagless drained all the soul out of it.

People meme about feathers and other silly designs but when you take the visual diversity of current day animals which does not translate to fossils into account, it’s very likely dinosaurs actually were much more colourful and wacky than the popular, mono color scale reptile depiction would lead you to believe.

Arcades are insanely soulless by design, what the fuck are you talking about? Specifically built to milk children with the absolute minimum amount of content and maximum reskinning possible, artificial difficulty to pad runtime/quarters required was rampant. Don't be blinded by nostalgia.

I’m able to enjoy modern games as much as the classics I still love. You’ve fried your dopamine receptors with daily contrarianism and schadenfreude and now you can’t enjoy anything at face value. I pity you, OP. You’re never gonna make it.

For JRPGs, probably around 2000. Before the moefication of all Jap media.

Small games are still the same they were back then for me, it's the AAA quality that fell like a brick during the PS360 era

There's nothing more pathetic than zoomers pining for old days that they never lived through.

I don't really have one. I still enjoy a lot of new releases, I just have to look harder for the good ones than I did in the 00s or 90s.

It's only really Western AAA that went to shit, and there the cut-off point is like 2007. You go pretty much overnight from games like HL2 or Fear, to gay shit like Bioshock or Uncharted,

Nigga shut the fuck up
>ps2 killed video games
MY ASS

Halo 3 was when I realized games had become shit even though technology was improving

Agreed. I think that it also someway bring back the beauty of animals in the current day

The last year when all hope was lost

The games are 100% designed to make it worth your time, you zoomer fuck. This is why arcade games were leagues and bounds above everything else, because they had to be to compete in the environment. Meanwhile console shit was selling on boxart. Fuck off with your gay shit.

Feathered dinosaur is yet another product of leftist subversion. They corrupt everything they touch.

We had a pretty good run until the eight generation. Since then every videogame has to be a blockbuster, expecting them to have the same success Marvel movies had in 2014, nowadays everybody is tired of both.