C is the programming language of soulful games

C is the programming language of soulful games
C++ can only create soulless games
Higher-level languages like C# and Java can only create memetic non-games

Discuss

Attached: soulless.png (640x719, 35.38K)

who gives a shit

You

theres nothing wrong with the programming language
theres everything wrong with the kind of troons that need their memory managed for them in order to make a video game.

And you will make none of those.

How much SOVL resides in x86 assembly games?

C is kino
C++ is good
everything else is trash
simple as

c++ is fine

what matters most is that you write your game from scratch and dont borrow assets

I just started learning Python and don't give a fuck :)

noob
i didnt even need to learn that language to know it

Whats the difrence exactly?

C++ to use some of the actual improvements is fine on a personal project.
In a bigger project there always needs to be strict rules what you can and can't do. Otherwise some dumb fuck is actually going to use C++ cancer features that make everything a mess and slow to compile piece of shit.

you're gimping yourself.

which features are cancer, exactly?

c++ is the best
i fucking hate java

I'm taking my first programming class ever this upcoming semester and we're using c. What is special about this language compared to others like java or python?

I'm learning Python to escape my manual labor job and when I get situated I'll probably go to C++ for UE5 or C# for Unity

I'm gonna make an advanced 3D engine to rival UE, in JavaScript. Games made in it will run using Electron. I'll get companies on board with the pitch that the code will run on any device without porting being necessary and you can just hire webdevs to make your game instead of paying for more rare and expensive C++ devs.

Doesn't hold your hand. Access to actual memory addresses instead of abstraction memes.

Lol sure man

>screwdrivers are the tool of soulful games
>electric drills can only create soulless games
>Higher-level tools like lathes and band saws can only create memetic non-games
Just choose the right tool for the job. You will hamstring yourself thinking like this.

Id Tech 7 (doom eternal) was c++
Divinity original sin was c++ and c#
Dark souls was c++ and lua
In the newgrounds era, there were definitely some small games with a hell of a lot of soul made using fucking flash (so, actionscript)
Dwarf fortress uses both C and C++
I know this is bait, but what kind of computer engineering reject gets so far up their own ass they equate how close to the metal a language is with the quality of a game?

Heavy use of templates is probably the most cancer. It slows the compilation down considerably and often results in terrible error codes.

Attached: vdos07k5psr61.png (946x529, 87.2K)

takes a million years to write anything but at least it has soul

>what kind of computer engineering reject gets so far up their own ass they equate how close to the metal a language is with the quality of a game?
you must be new to computer engineering

C is a much simpler language. A lot of operations and data structures that just ship as basic features in other languages (such as dictionaries) you have to build yourself in C, this is great for learning because then you know how a dictionary actually works instead of going "wow an array that you can access using a string as the index, magic", but on the other hand it also means more work than having it already done and ready to use. It also has absolutely no idiot proofing, if you want to write to a random memory address and potentially end up modifying some unexpected variable or even rewriting your own program's code it will let you. There's also no garbage collection so you're in charge of freeing memory that you allocate. And no classes. Also C has compilers for almost every processor architecture known to man so if you ever work with embedded devices you will most likely have to use it.