Demon's Souls

Only originalfags truly comprehend how beautiful this game is. Before the vile factory-line "soulslike" plague, we had this: one beautiful, innocent, ambitious, witty action-RPG that came from nowhere. Simply put, original and interesting games aren't created anymore. We took this for granted so much.

Tell me Any Forums, what is ACTUALLY the modern equivalent(s) of this game, in terms of being brilliant, original, and unexpected?

Attached: 26fab66d-99ae-44ff-bfbc-9bb99f5cd264.png (220x260, 109.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dCfjP689pK0
youtu.be/vaZWK0RaPFk
youtube.com/watch?v=cXrxWBVdunY
youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>even the remake is sterilized

You will never convince me that this

youtu.be/dCfjP689pK0

Is better than this

youtu.be/vaZWK0RaPFk

I miss that decade because developers weren't afraid to make the player uncomfortable. Now everything needs to be twitter approved, clean, and boring. This era isn't for us, OP.

>original and interesting game
Care to explain how Demon's Souls is original? To me, it's the epitome of generic fantasy. The mosnters look like they were designed by committee. There's no cohesion to the world or characters.

You are a worthless retard

No one actually liked souls games until Dark Souls 2.

>Before the vile factory-line
More like: Before pcfags
FTFY

DeS and DaS both sold well and received a number of goty awards or nominations, hence why they kept making them. Sorry that you're 15 and that was your first game ever bro.

That game is really not as good as you think it was. Dark Souls took all of its good ideas, and put them into a better, more fleshed out setting. Grinding for grass so you can heal lmfao, that is some bad 90s game design right there. I would put it on par with the yellow zombie niggers in Diablo 1 that permanently reduce your stats. The game had all the elements needed to be truely great however was severely lacking in needed polish to its encounter design. All but a few of the bosses are badly designed or straight up unfun/boring.

>Grinding for grass
that only happens if you die a lot (suck at the game)

>bad 90s game design
Stopped reading there. You're the reason why souls games are boring. These games should have elements that are purposely weird or unfair because it's more fun.

When this came out i thought everyone was referring to Demon Stone on the ps2 when they said how hard it was and was very confused.

This is also the only Souls gave ive ever played.

>this user loves him some fruity tooty butt trumpets
Demon’s Souls OST is one of the gayest things ever made and an easy way to mark someone as a faggot.

It was the best, you'd talk with a small niche on the best threads on Any Forums at the time, everything felt magical - it was hard but the difficulty was not artificially added in to appease "hardcore gamers", so much so that you could trivialize the game by just buying grass and spices.

Dark Souls already shat the bed starting with the "PREPARE TO DIE" mindset to make players feel better about themselves.

Elden Ring is better

>everything felt magical
It’s a video game you unbelievable faggot. And a pretty mediocre one at that.

>That game is really not as good as you think it was
It consistently remains to be just as good as I've always thought it was when I can do a playthrough of it every year and always have fun but can't with later souls games like DaS2 and 3.

>Grinding for grass so you can heal lmfao
I have hundreds of hours in demon's souls and I've never had to grind grass once. Maybe instead of grinding grass you should touch grass, faggot.

Sorry to hear you've lost your sense of wonder. Some of us can still get immersed in games.

So mediocre it started the only highly succesful trend of the last 15 years. What kind of argument is that, by the way? "it's a movie, you retard", "it's a book, you imbecile", "it's just music you dolt".

>sense of wonder
Wonder is for faggots and children. Which are you?
yes, yes, and yes
touch grass

He's right. At the time it really did, and DeS threads hit cap limit within 15 fucking minutes for like a year straight. It was an extremely community driven game. DeS is at least in part responsible for the creation of /vg/.

Aren't we all children at heart?

Who cares if it's "better"? It's a 6th rehash with no new ideas, so it's not as interesting to me.

This thread is making me realize that new game genres and subgenres don't exist anymore, and people can't experience true discovery.

Dark souls started the trend. Most of people thinks in dark souls while saying le souls-like

No. The goal of living is to stop being a child.
Talking to faggots on the internet is not magical. Never has been. Never will be.
You probably unironically get nostalgic for your old WoW guilds and Xbox Live clans.

soul...

Attached: d.jpg (2048x1152, 319.02K)

Everything was also very streamlined: the kingdom is fucked, the king has succumbed to a demon, the prince is wandering the barren lands and you have to free him! Oh no, he got corrupted too!
No need for 56 minutes long youtube personalities videos going on and on about how the description of the Bloodthirsty Maiden it suggests that Svaturex is really Xehanort that had a sex change to fuck his second cousin to give birth to Noreharx the Forgiven through the magic of ancient space demons.

This is like saying Harry Potter "started" fantasy books about magic because it's more popular than everything else that inspired it.

Demon's Souls is the first Souls game. It's not my problem that it's a PS3 exclusive and therefore less people played it.

“Streamlined” can still be bad.
Demon’s Souls has a retarded story and it took fucking Elden Twink to make it look good by comparison.

I pity you.

>Demon’s Souls has a retarded story
no it didn't

The goal of living is to die, kill yourself today.

Why are you here?

>started the trend
learn to read

Top sounds like every other modern videogame boss theme ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=cXrxWBVdunY
youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM

I fucking hate bluepoint, man.

But Demon's Souls is a compilation of all the ideas from previous Fromsoft games. It's unique, but it did not come from nowhere.

I enjoy all the Souls games, including Sekiro and Bloodborne as well as Demon's Souls Remake
(:

Demon's Souls started the trend when it was a critically and commercially successful game, hence why Dark Souls exists in the first place.

How sad!

No it isn’t, you faggot. It’s to make the reaper chase your laughter.
You are a twink reminiscing about talking to other twinks about a bad video game from 2009. You deserve a slow, painful death.

I beat it just before the release of elden ring and loved it so much I went as far as ng+3. You originalfags can suck it

Attached: 1637904636038.jpg (609x609, 63.3K)

>that god awful faggoty plink plonk keyboard
Imagine liking this midi trash.