Slay the spire

just got my third a20h kill, on silent. only defect left to go. he was my first a20 win but i saved him for last with the heart kills since hes my boy

lets get a sts thread going

Attached: sts.jpg (1600x800, 264.31K)

Just finished a run as Silent, climbing ascensions.

>get to spear and shield
>no blocks turn 2, die
suggoi

Attached: 1658152718197163.png (1499x1079, 1.15M)

I would love to play this game but I don't like how the characters and enemies never move to hit eachother.

The art put me off it for a while, but it's ok I'm the end. You get over it

Yeah I get you. Its a bit of a nitpick but I tend to really like immersive details similar to that. Might just pick it up and give it an honest try soon anyway.

Just pretend you're playing Solitaire or something.

kinda stuck on a19 as watcher. Been working on defect and did 0-a4 pretty easily. Recentky been trying to do a0 heart with defect but struggling.

Same, I don't care for the presentation in Slay the Spire or Monster Train, but I love playing both so it ultimately doesn't matter.

Is Downfall worth a try? Someone said it only has 5 bosses and that's kinda lame

The bosses in Downfall are the OG characters in StS and can come in different styles.
You can fight a Divinity build Watcher, a poison Silent, a Claw Defect and many others. Ironclad has like 4 variations (Strength, Exhaust, Barricade and Self-healing) alone.

any recomendations on what community workshop stuff is worth trying?

I recently started over and was climbing ascensions with defect. I think I'm at a5 atm. had a really great deck going but I got too greedy with card picks and it fell apart against the giant statue head in area 3. I didn't pick enough damage to outrace it.

How do people even beat the ascensions after 4-5?
I feel like stuff always damage through blocks and you can't survive long enough to reach bosses and even them still have 50 dmg attacks

I cannot get an ironclad run going

Attached: 1644868631356.gif (220x217, 164.17K)

Post decks.

If you can't survive long enough to reach bosses though, that's usually an indicator that you don't have enough frontloaded damage.

head counters most defect builds pretty hard since orb attacks dont benefit from slow. i avoid act 3 elites at high asc for this reason, plus defect isnt great at frontloading, which makes repto pretty rough

You need to take unimpressive cards early, debuff and such. Cool cards like corruption are basically curses in act 1.

>cards like corruption
yes
>corruption itself
nah, still a free win. its unironically one of the most powerful cards in the game. even in early act 1 it can do work

Start with the Hermit mod, he absolutely feels like a StS character.
Then try out Automaton. If you like complicated mechanics, his card combination power will be very fun to use. If you don't, just try out The Champ, he's a very simple character with a lot of personality, fun to use and extremely high effort.

Slay the Spire is a dogshit low effort roguelike. You want a Roguelike kino card game go for Tainted Grail: Conquest or Nowhere Prophet. Both blow it out of the water and TG is even on gamepass

Attached: images-48.jpg (616x353, 32.52K)

>get two accuracy in act 1 and blade dance
>die in act 3 to time eater anyway
FUCK

i feel that. feels amazing to beat her with a shiv deck though

start using poison builds
You literally just need catalyst and nightmare and you won the game. It's that easy.

I probably could have beat it if I just save scummed, got stuck with a bad half point because I also took runic pyramid.