Why is it so common for remakes/rereleases to completely fuck it up?

Why is it so common for remakes/rereleases to completely fuck it up?

Attached: 1661135355397798.jpg (1200x675, 92.68K)

ugh not everything has to be super bleak boring serious no fun allowed

What would silent hill ranch taste like?

which came first?

Attached: 1621308272023.jpg (811x608, 67.08K)

>dude jsut turn your brain off lol just play the thing and clap you piece of shit, real people worked really hard on this

S-Silent Hill R-

A lot of game devs in the day didn't keep around stuff like the source code, completed game files, and old artwork/data

One is by artists the other is by lowest bidding contractors.

Because they're commissioned by publishers and made by code monkeys who don't care.

People don't put that much effort into games these days, with some exceptions. But the incentives to develop games are less and less, so i can't blame them.
Also, the marketing teams generally target the US audience because they look for profit as soon as possible, not long standing sales.

Remakes are usually nothing more than lazy attempts to double dip a popular game, so they just hire the cheapest no-name studio to make them. As always, you get what you pay for.

Attached: file.png (859x1224, 806.6K)

If you were so fond of the original you'd play it on a PS2, so stop compalining about the ports

Can't see the difference, help

The left one, obviously.

It's supposed to be a HD REMASTER, not remake. And nobody wants SH remakes.

Attached: SH HD Collection & Why to AVOID it at all costs.jpg (1200x2700, 1M)

>literal who sign
>literal who sign
who cares

They outsource these things to pajeets.

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>YOU CAN'T CHANGE THE TEXT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>IT MUST BE 1 TO 1 OR IT'S S OULLESS REMAKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Correct.

Attached: silent hill sneed.jpg (1440x1080, 738.18K)

When you're developing a game the office atmosphere is a real thing. If everyone is excited about the project and coming up with ideas all the time then that will reflect in the finished game.
But if you're just copying someone else's work you feel limited and like you're just coloring in the lines, so to speak.

It's not about completely fucking up, it's about not being Perfect.

I want to say I like the idea of remasters or more so- enhanced ports after years that make game available on modern hardware while ironing out bugs, combining possibly various exclusive content from releases and maybe even adding some sort of databooks or extra content. Unfortunately that requires time, efford and money. Instead we get cheap, quickly thrown together 0s and 1s made to resemble what you knew to be good game in hopes of geting quick bux from people who don't research.

no way this is real kek

Is that fucking Comic Sans?

Speaking of remasters. How is DMC trilogy on PC?

Comic sans actually makes sense. It's incredibly common on local stores, advertising, etc, in small rural towns.

The problem is that the devs very likely had no idea about that and just threw it on because of incompetency.

I like coloring in someone else's lines and fixing stuff where appropriate, this is just soulless.

If the sign was less than 10 years old, sure. No one would have used comic sans back when the sign was made.

Original team:
>Highly specialized, experienced, and professional team develops a beloved classic under the aegis of a passionate autor with a clear vision

Remake team:
>Lowest bid 3rd party contract farm, previous projects include ports of functional games to next gen consoles, Imagine: Party Babez, and iPhone shovelware. Remake is just another project, albeit a higher profile one

Gee I wonder why the remakes usually suck ass.

comic sans is the scariest font

soulless vs soul

because theyre outsourced to 3rd world countries and are provided little to no guidelines or supervision

There's LITERALLY nothing wrong with Comic Sans.

>fog
Why so many ports of PS2 games seem to remove or heavily reduce fog? Was it made using some magic hardware inside PS2 and nobody wants to bother to recreate effect?

It is pretty absurd to use comic sans

>Stop thinking and just consoooooooom

Attached: merchant hands.png (215x215, 9.14K)

You gonna cry and piss your pants?

Actually yes, it's something like that.

No it doesn’t, not for your fucking business sign. It would make perfect sense for something like a community center flyer or something but not an actual sign.

It isn't, there are plenty of decently done to fantastic remasters these days, SH collection is just an unusual sore.
>ICO collection and the SotC remake
>RE0 and even REmake is OK considering they didn't have access to the og assets
>RE2make
>MGS HD collection
>Bioshock Collection
>Black Mesa
>TLoU HD
>Tony Hawk remakes
>Mafia: DE
>Master Chief Collection
>Mass Effect Big Dick Edition
>Homeworld: Remastered
Stop focusing on the negatives so much, it's poisoning your mind. Don't let Any Forums nega cucks let you think otherwise.

Attached: 8mp4kll1ged91.jpg (1668x1516, 267.64K)

Because the fog was to hide the shit hardware. I'm tired of pretentious faggots pretending it was anything other than a hardware limitation

It's not that they changed the font.

It's that they changed it to something objectively worse. If they picked nearly any other font it would have been fine.

It’s to keep the frame rate up since the ps2 ran like shit. It was a good example of limitations being necessary for innovative problem solving, silent hill is supposed to be scary so it makes sense there should be lots of fog. Suddenly these third parties didn’t need to use the fog, so they got rid of it.

Maybe in shit ass India. Comic Sans has been well known to be a shit meme font for a long time at this point.
Do you even do business bro?

/k/ bros...

I meant in the context of the usage of it, not in actual practicality.
Joe schmoes in my small town plastered that shit on their pharmacies, furniture stores, schools, etc. Blame small town USA.

>SotC remake
>bluepoint doing anything right
fucking no

The PS2 was absolutely god-tier when it came to handling transparencies. Something that hardware at the time struggled and, and still do today judging by how everything is regressing back to Saturn-style dithering for transparencies.

It is funny because some street shitter was probably like "Comic Sans looks more like a brush, why would there be a sign with a sans serif font?" and completely miss that those signs were made with stencils, as you would do.

>is that
>...
>LE FOG?!!?!
>I AM SO SCARED HOLY SHIT
and you guys say zoomers are scared of retarded shit

Good morning Sirs

The best remake.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 172.3K)

Only remaster/rerelease that I actually think was done somewhat well was the Quake 1 rerelease. Gives you all the expansions and extra community add-ons. A co-op campaign and multiplayer mode and even a horde mode. Hell it still comes with the original game so you can use whatever source port you want if the rerelease isn't up to your standards.

Attached: Quake.jpg (297x170, 5.16K)

you got a problem with comic sans?

Attached: comic sans neural network code.png (1988x4824, 1.2M)

Both of these. 99% of the people making remasters have zero investment or care in the product turning out truly definitive. I would say Nightdive does a good job generally (Powerslave, Quake, Turok 1&2) but then they also majorly fucked up the Bladerunner game's remaster, and Blood Fresh Supply is still broken so even when the best people are doing it it's still a toss up on whether or not they will succeed. The guys who did the C&C1 Remaster were also very invested in getting it done right. Then on the flip side you have shit like GTA Pajeet Edition where it's all a fucking mess and people with a brain would rather play the original version of the game.

kek

I don't think that's some secret knowledge.
Still, I liked it in okami, especially before restoring areas. It was weird seeing how wii and further ports got rid of and it sharpened the fuck out of game. Overall it would be fine, but they didn't touch lod, which just is weird with how far you can see, but then things still 'spawn' in front of you.

It's less about wanting to reduce it, and more like modern devs and systems SUCK at transparency. PS2 had borderline magical capabilities thanks to its crazy fill-rate and memory bus, allowing various special effects and stacked textures be drawn with next to no performance hit.

Even modern consoles suck ass at see-through textures, and back in 2001 only Xbox could brute force the SH2's effects well enough.

>everything is regressing back to Saturn-style dithering for transparencies
That's actually partly because of Deferred Rendering becoming the norm and throwing a wrench in graphics drawing process, part because of lazy devs first wasting tons of resources on pointless shit and then trying to "optimize" their crap with the quickest trick in the book.

>how everything is regressing back to Saturn-style dithering for transparencies
It's almost like Sony is was trying to reinvent the wheel when devs already figured out transparency...

1. They are usually developed by an entirely different team.
2. Only well received, popular games get remade because that's where the money is and it's hard to improve upon something that's already good.
3. It doesn't have to stand on its own merits because consoomers will buy it on the name alone. The most pathetic excuse I hear in regards to this is "if we buy it then we will get more games in the series!". Revolting.

This is exactly what happened with SHHD, among other Konami bullshit, they didn't keep anything, and expected the devs to just decompile the PC ports and work their magic a la Bluepoint, even though Bluepoint is basically in-house Sony with funding to match. ZOE HD was bad on both the 360 and PS3, to the point where Sony was forced to mysteriously remember they had enough ZOE shit to commission an emergency patch, but only for Hexadrive and the PS3 version, so not only was High Voltage forced to fumble in the dark during development, they didn't get shit they needed either DURING development or after for a patch both games could use. Second Runner on the 360 is borderline unplayable for the last two fights as a result, and you have to make sure you're fighting Anubis in a way that keeps all heavy particle effects out of your viewport, which involves mashing buttons while in a compression space stream that's nothing BUT particles

This is Japanese archiving as usual for things like video games, any given studio during this era was more than likely sharing a group of Maxtor tapes, and once something went gold, they clean it's respective tape and corresponding source on the obligatory Seagate ATA drive running Windows 98SE, and move to the next project. The biggest revelation of the Nintendo gigaleak is that Nintendo themselves hoard their shit in ways other Japanese devs do not

DMC3 used to be kind of finicky when it came to controllers and running well on various PCs when I played it, but it seems to have been updated since then. Though it includes the style-switching mod from the get go, so you should disable that for a "purist" experience.

DMC4 is really good, and ran extremely well on release. Haven't played DMC4:SE but I imagine it's more of the same, given the performance of most MT Framework games on PC.

DMC5 is similar to DMC4, being a PC port of a game on an engine that runs well on PC. It might lack some minor features but in my multiple playthroughs I didn't notice anything that made a difference.

As for 1 and 2 in the HD collection, no idea. I played 1 on a PS2 emulator and never bothered with 2. Reviews seem fine, usually the mark of an unremarkable but functional port.

Indians, every time.

Attached: SOUL SOULESS.jpg (1200x630, 173.79K)

Autistic take. Take your meds and join the rest of us in the real world lol.
I'm a gun bro and the right wing gun culture in this country is fucking retarded and needs an overhaul. We're the only Western country that keeps having mass shootings, it's a problem and I'm tired of gaslighting retards spreading NRA propaganda and pretending that not only everything's fine, but the solution is even more guns to more people.

Attached: 2vzbse1pi7d91.jpg (1472x1685, 393.1K)

>SotC remake

Attached: 1564025707844.jpg (2301x1031, 749.9K)

>I'm a gun bro
lol

>t. gaslighting retard

Attached: 1636915176891.png (974x1474, 1.17M)

The games are perfect as in.

Anybody attempting to (((fix))) them had an agenda.

Attached: ff7 original pc port.jpg (490x1399, 627.88K)

>depresso
lmao

>SO PS

>focusing on a relatively tiny criticism and letting it tarnish the entire game
Yeah definitely autism. It's still a fantastic game overall.
I knew some of you gay faggots would get triggered lol.