ITT: Sequels better than the original

ITT: Sequels better than the original

Attached: tosdotnw.jpg (1000x1000, 195.34K)

pic not related?

this shit SUCKS

Attached: bullshit.gif (487x498, 3.16M)

jesus christ op get some better bait at least

COURAGE

Simple

Attached: aaas.png (616x353, 319.95K)

>pic not related
and OP is a retard.

Only good thing about that game was Tenebrae

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chrono Cross.

Attached: kinocross.jpg (2200x1565, 1.27M)

Symphonia 2 gets way more irrational hate towards it than it really deserves.

nah it totally deserves it

NTA but I'm interested to know in what way, if you could develop. Because being a disappointing sequel to a mediocre RPG doesn't sound like you deserve any kind of recognition, let alone hate.

It's just a really bad thrown together sequel with a fan fic tier plot.

True

Attached: 1637593349683.png (640x960, 374.27K)

pic unrelated

it 100% deserves it

>Terrible protagonists. Emil switching between absolute "I'm sorry" pussy and absolute edgelord that a 14 years old came up with is laughably bad. And Marta's character is just that she is thirsty for Emil's dick
>Monster capture and raising mechanic is utterly braindead and brings nothing of value
>completely removed world map
>sidequests are now done via the Katz post
>not being able to control older characters and not being able to customize their skills and equipment
>new villains are also terrible, especially that little girl with her whip and monsters
>Old characters went on to save the world together, and with Lloyd but they go "WELL YOU KNOW MAYBE LLOYD DID TURN INTO A MURDERER"
>Old characters also seem like they have been flanderized and barely interact with one another
>combat pales in comparison to the first symphonia where colors were more vibrant, allowing magic and skills to be more memorable and impactful, and where combat was just more dynamic. Even compared to older tales games it is kinda sad
>Dungeons are painfully boring to go through with nothing interesting in them

>Let's make a tales game
>With barely any party members
Fucking stupid, the games are about party interaction, Pokemon gets away with monster collecting because its built from the ground up to be about it
Who gives a fuck a bout Tales monsters? Go on post ToS2's coolest monsters, lets see its nidoking and arcanine

and in general
trying to make anyone think our idiot Lloyd is a villain.

Interesting. It doesn't really align with anything I remember from Symphonia, the battles were terrible, characters god awful, and dungeons a chore; in my opinion at the time.