Why are open world games always the most fun in the early game where you are barely scraping by?

Why are open world games always the most fun in the early game where you are barely scraping by?

Attached: 1656845061570.png (1436x720, 41.17K)

>why are open-world games the most fun when you have to make a number of decisions with limited resources, and need high amounts of skill to succeed?

Attached: 1638175231161.jpg (1280x725, 100.67K)

I don't think that having god tier stats and equipment instantly starts to make it less fun it's just that part of the game shouldn't drag itself too long. Instead of playing for hours as a literal god you should only be one for the last level/mission/dungeon whatever to get the satisfaction of roflstomping a bunch of mooks easily and then hit you with a final boss that fucks your shit up

Mainly because open world games rarely ever truly utilize their world, so it often feels empty and repetitive. In the early game, you do the most amount of new things and are actually figuring out stuff, so it's not as repetitive.
Also this

>i don't actually like games, i'd rather watch a tv show or something: the pic

Power fantasy shit rarely suits an open world game thats why. The game's response to this 9/10 time is to horrifically buff everything else to absurd levels of health, durability and armor.

Barely scraping by gets tiring too.

Theres many examples.

When you are no longer scraping by, the game stops, even if it isnt over.

The game is to stop scraping by; see: life

Because barely scraping by is fun. It's not just open world games. I just played demon's souls and the early game where you only have shitty weapons and barely any healing items and armour is far more exciting than having fully upgraded shit and a tonne of healing.
Same with monster hunter as well. Early on you have to deal with the sharpness of your weapon and stun, as well as status effects. Later in the game sharpness is little more than a damage boost and you'll most likely have a skill that makes you immune to stun.
All of this means that you basically have less game mechanics to interact with.

Attached: what_a_strange_video_game.png (163x188, 2.76K)

just came for this actually

Wow, quickshot.

That's why I made a Tale of Two Wastelands guide where the ONLY way to improve your skills is via skill books and bobbleheads. I've also quadrupled the amount of experience needed to level up.

Attached: TTW alternate experience guide.jpg (2244x1171, 484.53K)

Because it's the only time where your gameplay decisions have major impact
>Do I shoot the enemy or melee him? I only have 30 bullets left but if get hit I'll need to use my last first aid kit. But he's carrying a different rifle I can use for a bit
Vs
>Oh an enemy *bang*
>He's just a generic bandit so I don't care about his loot
Scraping by is the best part and STALKER is the only game that comes close to doing it right

i wanna fuck that game

I want to fuck that game

This one of Shadow of War's biggest problems in my opinion. The game is at its best when you are outnumbered by captains that you have hardly any counter against. Then you progress through the skill tree and get a billion advantages which trivialize all fights so bad that you don't remember any of them. The best way to play is on the highest difficulty while also gimping yourself in all skill trees and equipment so you are actually able to die sometimes and enjoy the Nemesis System.

Attached: H5wOiNolajZVE4M9ZfJs08ERdwPWMDl5.jpg (1024x1024, 175.56K)

Why is the game getting more turned on

Attached: 1354425571136.jpg (393x591, 45.01K)

Exed_eyes, gone but never forgotten...

Needs heart pupils

Lewd, call me that more.

Linear/metroidvania games can have a funner difficulty curve, because the developers control what you have at certain times and build up the complexity to match your new options.
Purely open world games don't have much control over where you go, so most of the game has to be playable from the very beginning. That leaves every area feeling more or less the same, and your upgrades don't come with new challenges, only making old challenges easier.

That's the best part. 30+ hours is when she's unconscious from too much cock but you keep going anyway.

thats why mgsv was only fun when you played the challenges that didnt let you have 4 rocket launchers and 10 decoys

>Any Forums making me want to fuck a videogame case
someones gonna make one of these that is the simple eyelashed face on top of another one and the site is just going to implode instantly