It's fucking over

Attached: [email protected] (1196x673, 167.21K)

>losing to May
How?

Attached: 1612981471901.png (406x308, 103.13K)

pain.

when I was a kid and gen3 had just come out, I couldn't figure out how the FUCK to get out of Mauville and progress down the path that leads to this fight because I thought the bridge you have to walk under was some kind of solid structure that couldn't be passed, had to call that old nintendo tip hotline and be told it was a bridge

Nobody picked this ugly shit starter

Attached: Screenshot_20220821-225117_Chrome.jpg (579x1127, 243.37K)

For me, it was not understanding Pokemon at 7 years old and trying to beat the first gym

Attached: 2171295-box_pkmnyv.png (384x496, 363.2K)

?
You have to beat this fight to even get to Mauville in the first place. That makes no sense.

>serebii
Fuck off

I remember in Generation 1 I couldn't figure out how to get into Saffron City. Imagine my shock when I accidentally found out the vending machines in the Celadon department store actually work and that's what the guard was referring to when he said he was thirsty.

>not understanding stat effect moves as a kid
>never used leer because thought that did nothing
>was confused at how I wasn't hitting Cyndaquil because he was using smokescreen

sorry you're right im retarded, I meant slateport apparently just looked it up

>this is the last time you fight them
Why? Did they just forget about the """rival"""?

Attached: 1633491530731.png (566x2116, 166.49K)

Just use Taillow, nerds.

>lose to May
>she kidnaps you and takes you home as her prize

We have ORAS to thank for illuminating your rivals lack of motivation. Apparently they just gave up and accepted that they were never going to beat you so it was time to just go home

>dont have flash
>just walk around randomly in Rock Tunnel while it's pitch black
>get lost for like three hours
>spending time slamming into walls with the "thud thud" sound effect until I finally made it out

Attached: 1637557497216.jpg (400x400, 126.53K)

>had to call that old nintendo tip hotline and be told it was a bridge
god imagine your job being to give tendie trivia on a phone all day

And then you get to go on a date in the end

>be kid
>don't give a shit about catching anything
>just beat the game with starter pokemon
Only BW and B2W2 gave me trouble because I chose Snivy.

AIEEEE THIS CHILDREN'S GAME IS SO HARD BROS

Attached: emerald.gif (240x159, 485.57K)

I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one that did this.

>he didn't post it
LOL

>god imagine your job being to give tendie trivia on a phone all day
I remember seeing a tweet from a guy who said he used to do that for a living, he said that kids do unironically call and try to pretend to be a grown-ups.

>did this so many times as a kid I know my way through rock tunnel and don't even need flash anymore
also if you're playing any of the gen 3 games in VBA you can disable GFX in the menu, which removes the darkness layer

Attached: 1652044744717.gif (375x250, 1.05M)

I had the same issues. I don't know how I managed to find Articuno, but not the other legendary pokemon as a kid.
It's a trap. If you don't know about it, and have half your pokemon at low hp, or dead then you can get fucked.

Attached: 1547537481259.gif (460x345, 491.14K)

Same. Anytime I replay gen 1 or the remakes I don't ever bother getting flash since I do not need it at all. Really helpful since I don't have to waste any move slots on that shitty move.

Reminds me of the heart attack I had when I left that ice cave to Blackthorn City for the first time, there is a NPC outside that tells you something like "wow... you managed to cross the ice cave", I was so scared of her that I used fly to go to the Pokemon Center, it took me forever to realise when you get to a city, you won't find trainers to fight