Nintendo sold the same console twice

>There are still anons who will claim the Gamecube and Wii are completely different consoles

Attached: The Nintendo WiiCube.jpg (576x432, 46.66K)

And i was rewarded not having gamecube for this to play more things

they will also claim Wii wasn't a late, 6th gen refresh like PS4 Pro and try to pretend like it was the same gen as PS3, 360, and Wii U also late to the party

I won't pretend at anything because I don't follow Nintendo consoles. Were they really the same?

They are, just for the vast difference in controls.
It's not unprecedented. A lot of early machines were some form of Moto 68k. Or something else. Saturn and Dreamcast had similar Hitachi CPUs. The Gamecube and Wii aren't quite the same anyways. The Wii has almost double the Mhz as the GC.

>pop in gamecube game in Wii
>plays perfectly
>even has 4 controller ports and 2 memory card slots
>it's literally a gamecube
>Dolphin is a Gamecube emulator
>Emulates Wii games perfectly
They have the exact same structure and architecture. All they did was upgrade a single graphics chip.

>Were they really the same?
No.

Please show me Super Mario Galaxy running on a gamecube.

And they made a whole generation's worth of games for it.

the Wii is damn ugly but it's the only option for me to play pirated GC games until more GC Loaders drop

Have you considered downloading Dolphin?

Can you connect your GBA Player to the Wii though?

Attached: 20210210_123610.jpg (2560x2560, 1.27M)

It's incredible how replayable Wii games are, gamecube games can't compare.

I want to sit on my couch and play on my TV.

Yeah why the fuck not just uses dolphin. Arguably the best emulator out there and the ISOs are extremely easy to find.

Get a laptop and HDMI it to the tv. Quck and dirty way to achieve that.

>GameCube
>literally a big cube
>Wii
>super thin
there's no way that a GCN would in there wtf are you talking about

>Only original Wii's can play GameCube games
>Nintendo sneakily removed the function to cut costs later in the Wii's life
Glad I got one on launch.

>connect laptop to TV
>connect laptop to the current
>turn windows on
>Start dolphin
>set the controllers up
>they fuck up because they are not designed to run on PC
Vs.
>Turn Wii on.

>Literally a cube
It's actually a cuboid. It always annoyed me.

Attached: 1641204589625.jpg (460x430, 47.67K)

wasnt the Wii only 200 dollars at launch? I got, beat Twilight princess, kinda liked the game but hated having to use the motion controllers. Sold it to a coworker for 50 dollars since it was his sons birthday.
Still i played my gamecube years after.

I play just fine with an xbox controller and I've never had issues what are you on about? Also you can very easily set up any input device you want on dolphin. I think you're just lazy or weirdly attached to playing on your Wii. Plus you can upscale the games on dolphin and make them look way better than on the Wii. Pretty sure you can even use Wiimotes with dolphin and set it up to work with motion controls.

Lazy ass nigga
Enjoy your 480p games

Setting up dolphin as about as easy as trying to set up a Wii to a modern HDMI TV, and it looks worse for it.
I personally recommend a Wii U if you want authentic hardware. It gives you access to the GameCube, Wii and Wii U library, running natively, in HD.

>you are lazy
No, I don't want to bother with so much stuff, there's no need to make them look prettier, if I wanted to I would emulate them on my PC at 4K but no, I don't mind looking at 720p as long as it is fun.

Only problem with WiiU is that vWii can't use the gamecube Adapter, or at least I haven't been able to use GC controllers on the WiiU running Wii games.

>Wii is ugly
Objectively incorrect.

Attached: 1660813569174446.png (555x297, 99.36K)

The Wii was pretty much an overclocked gamecube. It plays gamecube games flawlessly.

I think there's solutions to that? But honestly I'm a huge fan of the Wii U GamePad and pro controller, so it never feels like much of an issue.
I kinda just use my GameCube controllers for when I want to use my Gameboy player now. Still my favourite controller ever.