This thing is filtering me. I don't want to use guides to avoid spoilers...

This thing is filtering me. I don't want to use guides to avoid spoilers, please tell me if it's just really hard or if there's some mechanic that I'm missing. It just does WAY too much damage.

Attached: 1648682165363.jpg (480x360, 14.93K)

>Rage
OH NO NO NO NO

But Any Forums told me you could beat FF7 by pushing one button??

Use Enemy Skills
Put everyone in the back row
Use Tranquilizers
Don't stack magic materia you aren't going to use

Have to admit, it can be a bitch to fight for the first time especially if you arent using guides and just playing casually through it. You only need to destroy the middle part to win the fight but the arms can be a bitch to deal with if they grab your party members. If you destroy the arms it will only use the laser anymore and im assuming thats what is wiping your party

iirc magic defense doesn't work in this game even when there are lots of magic defense armors

just grind more lol its a jrpg

just use fie magic dumb fuck

If you can't figure out the obvious broken strats from reading item descriptions you deserve your pain. Something something powersoul, deathblow, death sentence, Tfa yadda yadda

Grind for levels, using lightning magic. If you have bolt3 by this point, the boss is a joke. Also. What is Regen. Stop being a smooth brain.

Just grind user. Find a place to farm exp (Mideel Area is good), put a podcast or some music on in the background and just simply grind away.

Get Enemy Skill Big Guard from those crab thingies by Costa del Sol.

I was only able to get through the game using the Switch cheat that auto refills your health and limit breaker and even then half the enemies almost killed me. No idea how anyone beat it the right way.

Enemy skills can let you cheese the game and this boss. It's a big difficult spike.
>Big Guard from beach plugs near Costa Del Sol
>Aqualung from Harpies near Golden Saucer
>Beta from Midgar Zolom
>Trine (You might have missed this though but can get it from Godo)

Another thing is to only destroy one arm and focus on the main body. It'll spam Lapis Lazer when it has no arms and that can fucking wreck you.

You can try m-barrier+all if you don't have big guard.

They fixed the MDef bug in newer versions of the game so it works now, assuming they're not playing the original though.

Nobody is using manipulate the first time playing. Its completely useless materia when you get it for a casual

>They fixed the MDef bug in newer versions
What the fuck? It's the backbone that kept VII fun.

It was mainly from armors, the armor Mdef didnt work but mbarrier did. You could still stack spirit to lower the damage even further

kek I literaly just fought this thing an hour ago, user you must need to grind more, I do like 5k damage per cast of magic and this thing only has like 20 or 24k hp.
Get big guard on enemy skill if you need help.
This game has not been a challenge to me at all but I took the time to get omnislash on disc 1.

I assume you don't have access to anything broken, since it's blind. Remove Rage, induce Sadness, put your characters in the back row, kill only one of the hands, use Bolt, Protect, Regen and Summons. It's a damage race boss, burst damage it when you think it's low. Get lucky.

>but I took the time to get omnislash on disc 1.
Its an rpg, you break it by grinding and it removes the challenge. I hope you at least had fun with the game

I didn't actually grind though, I went to wutai before aeris died and then went back to gold saucer to get omnislash. After seeing battle square in disc 2 I can assure you aside from the initial GP it is easier to get it disc 1.

Still must have been a bitch to get. I have got it once on disc 1 and cant say it was worth it. I just suck at super dunk which is the best way to get gp aside chocoboracing

Just go get Big Guard and GG.

Attached: 1650741528186.png (275x200, 21.7K)