Why is the realism done so differently between the West and the East?

Why is the realism done so differently between the West and the East?

Also which style do you prefer?

Attached: west-east.jpg (1352x1072, 286.09K)

East isn't realism, it's idealism

>XV
>Realism

>idealism
idealism of what? anime version of female incels?

I prefer Team Ninja realism, Final Fantasy looks repulsive to me.

My gf looks more like bottom than top.
She's half Korean though.

If you genuinely think what "western" devs are pushing isn't their own idealism you are mentally ill. They are trying to sell a product.
"Video game" and "realism", much less any form of fiction, do not belong in the same sentence except to contradict each other.

Theyre both pretty damn hideous for different reasons

top looks like what a mildly ugly person looks like irl. bottom looks like the hottest martian invader.

bottom isnt realism you fucking tard

There are women that look like Ellie, there are no women that look like whatever that thing at the bottom is

>bottom
>realism

Attached: AED02D11-94BC-466A-B9A0-ABCA4F204862.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

Attached: 1550477876623.jpg (1920x1080, 331.97K)

bottom looks like a chimp

>there are women that look like Ellie, there are no women that look like whatever that thing at the bottom is

I have a gf that looks more like bottom than top.

Style over realism any day. That being said I would masturbate furiously to either 3D model or rendering preference because Ellie is still more attractive than most americans, but significantly less attractive than any overwatch girl.

Your RealDoll is not a gf

Freckles is the sign of shit genetics. Also, goddamn angloids are ugly af.

You're misunderstanding. Realism vs idealism is a mentality as old as art itself. They both have different goals and pros and cons
All major societies from the egyptians to the romans and beyond had periods of time where their statues and paintings and shit had super-swole dudes and super sexy ladies and changed to guys and gals with a little bit of paunch and wrinkles and then back again. West is going for realism, east is currently trending with idealism. West used to trend idealism back when I first started gaming, but the west flip-flops trends at lunatic speeds.

Sure you do.

Attached: harrypotter.jpg (640x480, 55.17K)

We'll plateau in the west eventually because even the mongoloids will get tired of seeing ultra-realistic depictions of themselves in videogames. We had this argument years ago when "Aloy" was actively uglified for no reason and yet they had excellent concept art that would've looked fantastic had they not leaned into realism for the console-tards.