What was it like to experience Ocarina of Time for the very first time when it came out in November 1998?

What was it like to experience Ocarina of Time for the very first time when it came out in November 1998?

Attached: ocarina.jpg (640x480, 30.94K)

it was ok, i guess it would've been better if i hadn't experienced pc games before

The N64 is like the Wii U. Barely any first party games but what got released could be some of the best in its generation.

I don’t know, user, I was 3. I remember watching the fuck out of Toy Story though.

You HAD to be there.

My first experience was with a rental copy, so I just played the saved files on the cartridge and spent most of my time just aimlessly wandering around. I didn't actually beat the game until I got my own used copy in 2005.

Indifferent. We had better games to play at that time.

for starters i thumbed through the manual, the artwork, and fawned over that, imagining how great it was. then the game itself was the best shit ever, it started a new era of 3D adventure games.

so far each generation has one
-5th gen was Ocarina of Time
-6th gen was Fable
-7th was Skyrim
-8th was Witcher 3 Wildhunt
i hope 9th isn't fucking Elden Ring, we can do better lads

Underwhelming and boring if you actually played video games before that point and weren't part of the worst tendie fanboy group who grew up on just the N64. Whether you played LttP on the SNES, or PC an PS1 games, OoT was a casual disappointment.

extremely rare very well seasoned post

You really had to be there

I pirated it and it was glorious
Also i thought the first zora emerald or whatever was the water temple and had no idea how big the game was

>-6th gen was Fable
I'd put PoP: Sands of Time above Fable honestly.

Amazing to play a game that was just really fun, ingenuous, surprising, diverse, and satisfying to control all at the same time. We always knew anyone who didn't think the game would influence other games for decades to come was in denial, and we were right.

It was considered photorealistic at the time.

>Release day.
>Walk into gamestop.
>Mail is late.
>Huge line waiting for hours.
Fucking gamestop!
>Lady working there passes out cookies.
>They order pizza.
Fucking...gamestop?

i wouldn't, it's another had to be there game. it started off being called Project Ego, and it was supposed to be a fantasy simulation where acorns fall from ruffled trees to spawn new trees, and your character grows old and gets scarred up from all your battles and hits you take. and that fucking music, it has sexual intercourse with your ear pussys.
the score, the tale, it's epic and bombastic even though Project Ego turned into Fable and it was a straightforward fantasy romp, it was THE fantasy 3D adventure game during that generation.

>it was supposed to be
And that was the problem, it was a Peter Molyneux game.

which means he promised an 11 and delivered a 10, ain't even mad bro

If you were a toddler who had no idea what video games were: mind blowing
If you were older than 12 and had a computer capable of playing 3d games: boring

Z-targeting felt unintuitive and not having a jump button felt wrong after playing Mario 64 for months on end. Then I had to go to bed for school

My first experience of the game was on the gamecube with that master quest bundle thing. I thought it was alright. I didn't think it was shit or poorly produced but I didn't have that much fun with it

Pretty good, I had PS1 and the girl next door had a N64 with OoT so we swapped consoles for a few weeks and I just played the game religiously. Made me buy a N64 myself too bad the console only had like 6 good games but OoT and MM were worth it because I got them all second hand

based