What aspects of games give you a "sense of adventure?"

What aspects of games give you a "sense of adventure?"

Attached: elden-ring.jpg (1440x809, 194.53K)

Getting lost doing stuff completely unrelated to the main objective.

this image is fucking cancer

Elden Ring cucks are similar to DS 2 fags with their sense of adventure meme masking the fact that the game is shit

this image is definitely just making shit up.

>make game designed to be completed in coop
>easy enough at the start with plenty of active players
>a select few autistic people can complete it solo
>later on only few players remain
>almost impossible to find someone for coop
>and when you do there will always be an invader to stop your progress anyway
>game dies and no one gets to complete it anymore
not to mention them nerfing stuff that would allow people to try and complete it solo

woooaahhh....like...the place you end up at...is like...the location place farthest away from your starting point...and like...the first place you go...is like....the closest to you........woooaahhh...soo deep....miyazaki is a h*ckin genius!

elden ring is filled up with so much fog that even though every section is sort of built up one level above the previous you can't actually see past limgrave until you cross over to the lakes, it's fucking gay.

Holy shit youre dogshit

>not having the motor skills of a toddler makes you autistic

Attached: 1638802169377.png (658x1024, 999.75K)

Attached: Capture.jpg (282x181, 14.05K)

Miyazaki is literally a game design god held back by production crunch cycles of modern gaming.

If he was given 5+ years like Rockstar North is given to make a truly definitive masterpiece we'd have something we wouldn't even deserve to have.

Imagine what Dark Souls 1 would've been like if instead it was cheapskate Namco funding it, but 2K or Acti with a blank cheque and an extra year.

There's a reason Sekiro is so fucking clean and polished. Because it was given the time it needed and the funds it needed, and was scoped correctly.

Placing the starting spawn point visibly in view from the first time you walk out is genius though. The intentional slope and angle to all the terrain and objects really does guide you towards the first chuch.

It's expert in game design same as the very first opening to SMB

Attached: hmi5fsv0.jpg (1440x809, 245.13K)

By coming across towns and cultures and the people living in them. Doing sidequests for NPCs that make a difference in the world (not just me). Leaving a town better off than it was before I came there and journeying onwards toward the sun. TL;DR; Elden Ring is anti-adventure

First of all, no one is going to recognize that cliffside as the area where they first died.
Secondly, this implies that everyone leaves the tutorial area in a similar fashion. The game doesn't take control of your camera and force you to look in that direction; it's very likely that most people will whip the camera around and not necessarily take in anything in particular. The site of grace is obvious, and after that it's just following the obvious path laid out for you or going exploring, which is unfortunately pointless before you get your horse anyway.

This is a concept taught in visual design and isn't anything particularly impressive. It's pretty much game-design 101

>retards think perspective is some 4d game design
you utter mongloid subhumans

what the fuck is this image? if a game has a big ass world i just pick a direction and go for it.

I actually intentionally chose what i feel is the 'incorrect' or side path so i dont miss them

>it's bullshit
No it's not, that's what concept art is for, making things appealing and readable

Fromfags are an embarrassment.

Shazam sisters you lost....

Attached: scores.jpg (1066x600, 266.42K)

I missed the first church on my first playthrough and only saw it when I came back for the sentinel 30 hours later.