Just finished watching a let's play of Xenoblade 2, why was it so fucking awful...

Just finished watching a let's play of Xenoblade 2, why was it so fucking awful? And I don't mean the gameplay(because I didn't actually play it), I mean the story. The characters were genuinely awful, especially the villains. Why is it written so much worse than 1?

Attached: 96356-24368u2-496.png (1050x591, 1.45M)

why aren't you watching a movie or tv show instead of someone else playing a shitty anime game lol

That doesn't answer my question, why is it objectively a step down from it's predecessor? What the fuck happened at monolith?!

You didn't beat it.

1 has such good villains like, huh...

>The characters were genuinely awful, especially the villains.
2 had actually good villains compared to 1 though.

>XC2haters didn't even play the game
How do so many people keep getting filtered?

Attached: 1535981773763.jpg (960x960, 93.45K)

Xenoblade 2 is one of the biggest pleb filters of all time. Even letsplay watching tertiaries can’t pass it

Attached: EC4FE85C-C08A-49FB-8677-BEEAFCCDFDEC.jpg (530x775, 214.36K)

It's better than 1 though, PARTICULARLY with the villains
Torna, Amalthus and even Bana are a step up from Egil, Xord and Zanza. Mumkhar is the only good villain from 1

>Torna
>good
lol
lmao

>watched a 100 hours playthrough of a video game
>instead of playing it himself
>i-it's bad
Being retarded must be one hell of an experience.

>Just finished watching a let's play of Xenoblade 2
>>Just finished watching a let's play
>>>Just finished watching
play the game you fucking moron

Imagine watching playthroughs. Not only that, but a playthrough of a +60 hours JRPG.
Imagine shitting on XC2's villains while praising XC1's.

I don't need to beat it to critique the story/characters. I experienced it all.

Metal Face and Zanza is much better than anything in 2. Almathus doesn't make any sense as a villain. He hates humans because... he just hates them, okay??

Doesn't matter, I watched it all. I can have an opinion on what I've seen.

did you also watch a let's play of 1? please say no, surely you've played that

No, I watched a let's play of that as well. Will be watching one of 3 soon, though I have low expectations after the trite midwit dump that was 2.

>average Any Forums user

jesus christ...

What difference does actually playing it matter when discussing the characters, plot, and story? Genuinely curious, I don't see why having experienced the gameplay would have an impact on my opinions.

You didn't experience it all

Begone, zoomed. Your opinion is worthless

Attached: 17FF0169-C1CF-4E57-A692-A2CB2D8A12F8.jpg (850x850, 94.26K)

>not having spent time with the characters wouldn't have made a difference
Piss off zoomer

is this why Any Forums has such terminal taste? it's overrun by zoomers who don't actually play video games?

Go back to trannyera, troon.

the only xenoblade game with "good" writing is xenoblade 3, and im saying this as someone who loves all 4 of the games.
if you think 1's plot is any less "awful" than 2's, i really dont have much to say outside of you summerfags will understand when you're older

>OP has six posts
>post count is 50%
You're replying to yourself too

Nope. Anyways, OP here, this was actually an experiment I was conducting using the terrible opinion of a friend of mine.I actually love 2 and this it has a great story and especially villains, I'm glad you all called him out for being a loser who didn't actually experience the game, you made me proud for once.

Attached: nope.png (1372x755, 58.24K)

He watched the games?

I didn't care much for 2's story and I have issues with how it does certain things, but pretending you actually know a game without having played it is the ultimate form of faggotry.

>I mean the story. The characters were genuinely awful, especially the villains. Why is it written so much worse than 1?

Nope. Not falling for it

Yep, and he actually thinks all the party members(except Tora) and all the villains(except Jin) are bad. I honestly can't believe someone could have such shit taste, but who knows what you'd think if you were a zoomie that just watched a bunch of cutscenes back to back.

It's possible. A roommate of mine who dropped 2 watched me play through it since he had nothing better to do and ended up enjoying the story. Another friend of mine who loved 1 never actually beat the game or X and also could not stomach 2, though he dropped it right at the escalator before reaching Klaus.

Even I don't think it's perfect, and I'd have to agree and respect your opinion. At least you're qualified to have an opinion after having played it to completion.

He isn't even seeing gameplay? That such a huge part of experiencing the characters and their interactions

He said he watched a playthrough, which I assume has someone playing the game? I'm not really sure.

>it was my friend's shitty opinion all along!!1

Just kill yourself, fucking zoomer virgin