Hi Any Forums I'm back again

Hi Any Forums I'm back again
My name is Troy McClure, you may remember me from such threads as that one from a few days ago where I used the same image and said about how I was in a major gaming funk.with mental health issues to boot (you probably don't remember cos it was one post but hopefully I at least got you hearing this in his voice)
I tried a couple of the suggestions from the last thread but no joy, I've thought long and hard again about what I'm after and I'm hoping for a suggestion that hopefully this time will stick the landing. Updated criteria are:
>Must be on Switch or PC
>If on PC, no keyboard controls, mouse or controller only
>preferably some kind of combat game
>gameplay has no downtime - when it goes the action is constant. Skippable cutscenes are fine, as is menu interaction, but standing still without pausing means certain death/failure
>due to above, games with a level of time-sensitivity are a good idea
>gameplay must be fairly braindead, but just engaging enough to prevent it feeling like a grind or repetitive
>content beyond story - either an expansive set of challenges or alternate modes, or a considerable amount of unlockables, preferably both
>additionally, if those unlockables allow you to further upgrade or meaningfully customise your character/playstyle, awesome
>nothing that requires a high level of concentration, like twitch-response gaming
>preferably third-person
Previous games I've played that mostly fulfill this criteria for ideas - Katamari Damacy, Hyrule Warriors and Dynasty Warriors, Dragonball Z Raging Blast 2, Tekken 6 (Tekken Force Mode).
Doesn't even have to be the whole game, can be a mode in a game like Tekken 6. A popular suggestion before was something like God of War or Devil May Cry, but they lack the timed nature, if I kill a bunch I can just stand there....
Hoping for enlightenment from you guys, any winning suggestions make a request and I'll do my best!

Attached: 01_katamari_damacy.jpg (1280x720, 116.41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.pcsx2.net/We_Love_Katamari
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Kind of sounds like you should play bullet hell games or Roguelites ex Nuclear Throne, Binding of Isaac, Monolith, Vampire Survivors.

Risk of Rain
I also would've said Godhand but there is downtime in most levels as in walking from enemy to enemy

sorry to hear, from a fellow Troy
do both with vampire survivors
>30 minute rounds
>you become the bullet hell while dodging mobs

Also if you liked Katamari Damacy I'd go through the effort of emulating We Love Katamari

Bullet Hell games require too much focus, and many roguelites tend to be turn-based in nature, but thanks for the suggestions
I did try Risk of Rain a while back but hated it, can't quite remember why, just felt very... bullshit. But thanks for the suggestion.
Troy?

Is that PS2 only? How easy is it to emulate PS2 stuff, I thought that still wasn't viable yet

Binary Domain

Yeah, PS2 only.
The setup is relatively easy I would say, need PCSX2, download a PS2 bios (easy to find it'll be in the first google links) and bind your controls. Then you just need the iso (got mine from cdromance)
wiki.pcsx2.net/We_Love_Katamari
It has some "minor" issues apparently.
I played Katamari Damacy for the first time last week and loved it, now I'm playing the second one and I would say its a great sequel, it's just more of the first game but with a lot of quality of life like restarting levels from the pause menu. If you want more Katamari you'll love it.

Looks viable - any idea how it is on PC? Not sure how it would control without a keyboard/mouse setup.... also is it time-sensitive? Does it have much in the way of replayability?

Thanks for the info - I still have a few challenges left in Reroll, haven't got 100% on all the constellations yet, but if I get desperate for more Katamari I'll check it out

i think i played with keyboard and mouse but its on consoles too so should have controller support, its not really time sensitive but its about ten hours long and balls to the wall action almost the whole way through, there are a couple of different paths you can take by selecting different companions for each mission too

Enjoy user, It's a beautiful game. Hope you can find more good stuff.

Speedrunners, its a 2d racing game with simple controls, but a lot of depth. theres alternate characters and levels for playing online enough, so that may be up your ally.
Any of the 2 Risk of Rains. Second one is a third person shooter, so you'll probably like it. you can just pick shit up with no real problems but it gets harder the longer you're in a run, which has the time part you want.

Aw man Speedrunners is GREAT, unfortunately I've exhausted that resource
I tried Risk of Rain but hated it, so I'm hesitant with the second one, plus being an FPS would mean keyboard/mouse which isn't an option for me atm. Thanks for the suggestions though, man Speedrunners was great.

I'm glad theres other Speedrunner fans here. I really enjoy that game and come back to it every few years just to grind maps and times. I'd reccomend giving it another shot if you got nothing better to do. it'll get you hooked again for sure.
>plus being an FPS would mean keyboard/mouse which isn't an option for me atm
Ah that's fair. I played for the longest time with controller on it so I'm sure you could make it work. If you don't like the original you probably wouldn't like 2 either though. It's pretty similar, but its a lot worse in some aspects.
If you want another recomendation though, try Hover. It's a 3D platformer, alot like Jet Set Radio, but more free flowing. you can just fuck around and complete quests and have a good time.

I also didn't like Risk of Rain 1 but liked 2 a lot. I guess it would depend on your reason as to why you didn't like 1. 3D adds a lot more dodge/movement options and I felt it was fairer than 1, but I might just suck at 1. Also it's a third person shooter rather than fps, if that changes anything

Hover looks fun, seems like it can be played first-person or third-person, does it control better with a controller?

100%. Playing it with a keyboard and mouse feels awful compared to with a controller.

Try Devil Daggers