What are your thoughts on the original God of War trilogy?

What are your thoughts on the original God of War trilogy?

Attached: 1636157618790.png (600x900, 1.16M)

iz aight

Yeah. They're fine. Good, even.

best bad game turned good trilogy ever

2 and 3 are amazing honestly

Emblematic of the PS2/PS3 era, a little gaudy but intentionally so. Some of the best isometric combat in video games, unmatched even by later games in the series. The Blades of Chaos still rule. Part of my love for the series comes from the eternal 14-year old in me that still thinks Dragonforce and Linkin Park are the best bands of all time, but in many ways the games are timeless.

They did start the QTE menace though, and were the only games to do them well. So that's a black mark on the record.

Gow3 still looks amazing

It's too bad they're never going to have Kratos murder the other pantheons. AAA was a mistake.

Flawed but nonetheless enjoyable

1 is good, 2 improved on everything that was good on the previous. 3 really shits the bed after you get over the spectacle.

The original trilogy was damn good and I really liked the psp games that expanded on kratos and the world. 1 oddly enough was my least favorite because its just a slog plus you can see that David Jaffe had a way different plan for the series that future installments would drop and go in another direction with the story. In regards to story its decent above average to giving the character a reason to do things. 3 personally is my favorite because it was pretty much Endgame for the series everything leading up to this.
>GOW4 no one asked faggot edition
It was decent but ive only ever played it once and ive never done that before Ive played every game before at least 3 times some more then others think ive played 3 15 times through at this point. I was just not a fan of a lot of things in that game. The Crafting system was a big one as every game coming out at this time had a crafting system and I was fucking sick of them and this game did not need one. What once was difficulty of skill was now based on your gear so go out and find some dwarven iron so you dont get 2 hit by this enemy. Plus I was not a fan of how the gear would look on kratos. I wish I could make it change looks but I cant so kratos has no choice but to look stupid because if i dont I get one shot. Also story had its issues I didnt like but Im hoping a lot of that gets fixed in the next game

Attached: What is your wish.jpg (300x168, 5.67K)

Gameplay still holds up

The first game was a fluke and it was originally supposed to be about a guy rescuing a princess, but they managed to scrap the idea and work the game from the ground up to what we have today. It was originally supposed to be a trash title that got saved by people like Cory Balrog lol

Ok, why are you telling me?

SQUARE

Because it's a GOW thread about triple A games being successful.

So you didn't mean to reply to me specifically, got it.

No I meant to reply to you, I even meant to form a conversation with you.

You did a shit job of both.

They always felt like awkward western attempts at a DMC style game. Mainly because of the controls.

Oh, well then I'd say sorry.

1 is frustrating from start to finish, just awful
2 is one of the best games on ps2, immaculate pacing
3 is pretty good
+
Chains of Olympus sucks ass
Ghost of Sparta is on the top 3 in the whole series

the old combat was and still is awful because you can't cancel out of anything

Attached: PPSSPP v1.5.4 - UCES01401 _ God of War®_ Ghost of Sparta EUR psphome.ru 10_05_2018 21_37_12.jpg (1920x1080, 468.18K)

I recently played all 4 classic games (I played the psp ones a year ago)
They are decent, but my main problems with these games are that the bosses are either decent or just shit, Ares is proably the best boss in the series and that isnt saying much, and the secondary weapons suck (except for the zeus gauntlet), gow 3 was the worst offender since 2 of the weapons were just reskinned blades of chaos and even the cestus had attacks similar to the blades