Boomers thought this was cool

>boomers thought this was cool

Attached: gears-of-war-1-button-art-1641591565394.jpg (720x720, 146.79K)

it was and still is

nothin' but bits...

It's not over yet, you better reload.

yes?

I still use the gamer pic you get for unlocking Seriously...

SCRATCH ONE GRUB

It gets one cool point for the chainsaw gun and some of the designs
The game itself is just so generic and boring that I'm surprised it sold that many copies

it was so fucking boring

>flashbacks to playing this with a bro and trying to chainsaw everything as it was cathartic as shit

Attached: time.jpg (474x315, 18.99K)

based

just like your pathetic life then

B O O M

Gears 5 and Gears Tactics aren't so bad honestly

the quintessential mid 2000s game, basically a multiplayer doom

>The age when every Microsoft game property had to have a expanded universe and lore the length of the bible.
It was good eating.

Attached: 1557986711726.gif (510x280, 2.79M)

I miss the kind of dude bro gallows humor in a hopeless situation the first three games had it was sovl truly

Doom is actually fun

Only the nu-Dooms are. Old Dooms were boring. Quake saved id.

But it wasn’t

Gears 1-3 multiplayer is probably the only multiplayer I enjoyed playing with randoms

Gears t horde mode it's actually pretty cool
The campaign it's shit
About tactics, I haven't play it

Was the Gnasher as busted back then as it was in 4? That was basically the only gun that even mattered in that games MP

The campaign is decent I think. The Hive DLC campaign isn't as good but it's a nice extra.

Never played past 4 but 1-3 MP meta completely revolved around the gnasher. And that's what made it so good. people complain about it but they dont realize that without the gnasher it would just be another boring cover shooter.
There was nothing more satisfying than wall bouncing like a madman and clutching a 1v5. Or going against an equally skilled opponent in a shotty battle and your ass clenches every time they shoot because it could be a 1 piece

No, gow 5 campaign was shit and boring, hive dlc was ok
Gow 4 was good, and gow 5 could have been good if the didn't force the le strong independent womin, ironically killing the only good strong cute Independent woman (my waifu Lizzie), now it Lizzie was the MC gow5 would be the best gow

I like em crispy

This

Wasn't boring to me but I also didn't like the first 3 games so...
Also I never expect good female characters in western media

>finally get an HD television
>plug in HDMI and boot up GoW
>mind fucking blown
It was a different time

I guess you have a point. Gears really stood out from other mindless multiplayer shooters