All mmos should go back to tab targeting. action combat was a mistake and needs to die

all mmos should go back to tab targeting. action combat was a mistake and needs to die

Attached: rHn2bEw9p0foye5tVUY5DZHAW-em-hLsEftED9hUa28.jpg (320x320, 24.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4PdZP7wQd9k
youtube.com/watch?v=oyzb5_s98CE
youtube.com/watch?v=-tNa_6Rcc3I
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6VgE0z7g4
youtube.com/watch?v=rgpD1wjfN54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

all 11 people that still care about mmo pvp agree with you already

>dead genre should abandon anything that makes the genre feel less dead
MMO gamers are just mobile gamers who can't afford phones

tab targeting in ff14 is the worst thing ever created you specifically keybind the "target closest enemy" and yet it still targets the enemy 30 yards away and not the one right in your face

action combat is horrid for pve too

New World is the only mmorpg with true action combat and ballistic projectiles for ranged weapons. It's a massive step up from tab targeting.

3v3s:
youtube.com/watch?v=4PdZP7wQd9k

20v20s:
youtube.com/watch?v=oyzb5_s98CE

50v50s:
youtube.com/watch?v=-tNa_6Rcc3I

OWPVP:
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6VgE0z7g4

t. boomer retard

>It's a massive step up from tab targeting
But the game is a massive step back from everything else

ok but camera should be attached to character's head, no seeing what's behind you while you are facing the other direction non-sense.

>seeing
you mean attacking?

I wouldn't say everything, but yeah you're basically right

Mmo is a dead genre and nobody gives a shit.
Only popular mmo's nowadays focus on plot and story.

>open world
>1 vs 2
its shit
50vs50 its the only thing thats a improvement

both, seeing and attacking, you should only be able to have vision in the direction your character is facing, if you want to look into certain direction, well, turn to that direction

there's not much difference between well implemented tab targeting vs lock on

I just youtube'd new world owpvp, there will be larger battles over forts, but it all depends on how many people show up to contest it

here's another one:
youtube.com/watch?v=rgpD1wjfN54

>lock on
what are you talking about, that is basically tab targeting

if only for the big pvp it would be worth trying but i dont see myself wasting 23 bucks to see if i enjoy it

to be fair, you'd also have to grind to max level which is a much higher cost than 23 bucks as well

Action combat can be many things, just look at Dark Souls and Monster Hunter with the target locking which is sort of the same as tab targeting except all the projectiles and moves are physical objects that can be dodged.
The problem is that every Action-MMO for some reason adopts a shooter control scheme where the camera is locked to the mouse and you need to aim everything. It sucks.
I can't think of a single Action-MMO that uses more conventional singleplayer action control schemes like unlocked movement and target locking except for maybe PSO.

>It sucks.
Nah it's based, you shouldn't be able to lock on skillshots for abilities.

Tab target? Get the fuck out of here. MMOs should go back to being turn based.