GTX 1080 TI

It's literally good for another 4-5 years, is this the greatest GPU to ever exist?

Attached: download.jpg (257x196, 8.7K)

no, voodoo 5 is greatest gpu ever made

This applies to literally every midrange gpu from the past 5 years
Technology is barely improving
It doesn't need to, record profits either way

Idk my 980ti is still holding

980 is good but is it competing with newer AMD cards?

1060 is probably the king. It was only like $250 on launch and it’s still playing new titles just fine over 6 years later.

No idea but I'm still good at 1080p

7970 is probably the best / longest-lasting GPU at this point. It's been relevant longer than the 8800 GTX at this point and it still plays new games fine with modest settings. Who can say how much longer it will last though. By contrast the GTX 700 series was obsoleted by 900 right away, and 900 is still fine.

I had the 6970 but it barely lasted 6 years. Playing a 'light' older game like titanfall 2 on that thing is suffering.

Maybe if you're playing at 1080p
Otherwise, get at least a 2070 Super for DLSS support even if it's a raster sidegrade

Is a RTX 3060 any good?
Buying a new computer soon and the one I'm looking at has one.

No. 3060ti is alright if you get at msrp.

>Can't even do DLSS or RTX
lmao no it's just good for poorfags playing old games at 1080p because "it's good enough" and "you can't see the difference".

ever since budget gpus disappeared people suddenly started saying that they don't need graphics or notice any difference lol

>buy a 144hz 4k monitor
>0 graphics cards can play any games on ultra at 60 fps
what a great investment.

Right now you're supposed to do 1440p 144hz or 4k 60 though.

Their back now still nobody wants them

1440p is a meme resolution. There really isn’t that noticeable of a difference between it and 1080p. You should be jumping from 1080p to 4k.

Meanwhile I immediately noticed the difference between my old 1080p screen and my 1440p, it was a great purchase.

>but upscaling
retarded and functionally pointless unless you are playing some open world game
>ray tracing
come back in 2030 and maybe it will be worth anyone's time
>but new gaems
come up with 3 even worth my time

hell I'm honestly confused as to why anyone with a decent gpu to begin with should upgrade
my gpu is shit but that's the only reason I need to upgrade and I still cannot fucking find one that I actually want because the prices are retarded

>DLSS
>FSR
I have a feeling that this tech is going to severely diminish the need for new card upgrades. Performance not getting mad increases over short periods, recession on the horizon and increased electric bills might tank these companies bottom lines a bit. OTOH this might force them to innovate. Things are going to be interesting.

Attached: 1660855930119990.png (512x512, 552.92K)

Attached: when you see mediocre.jpg (300x300, 12.22K)

Raytracing performance will drive a lot of the new tech advances imo
DLSS and FSR will help regain some of the performance lost to RT

Got myself 1080ti as well, the OC abilities on it are insane. Definitely the best card you could've got before nvidia went full rtx scam and the supply was scarce. Honestly might wait till the 6000 series before i upgrade.