Classic RTS emotional support thread

RTSbros we are going home..finally..
youtube.com/watch?v=pTWD__poSnc

Attached: ss_ea1b06505c4a6549ce6121d562f338808772a70c.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4dwQGUNRKFk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: ss_94dfc8c257eb7f7d0c634f9454e7e8d58924b3ed.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 948.36K)

looks pretty cool but we'll see

youtube.com/watch?v=4dwQGUNRKFk

>no korean fanbase to support it
it's over

RTSbros?

>3D Realms
Never coming out. Just like Wrath, Graven, Core Decay or Ion Fury After shock.
Back to AOE or Warcraft.

>MP niggers still pretending anyone cares about ladders

>YUIOP for primary command menu hotkeys
>Possibly some kind of in-between submenus for tech tiers on 1-8
>F1-F12 for construction hotkeys
>Defenses has four different types of walls and five different turrets
Worried this is going to have a ton of bloat and redundancy.

Attached: dfjgh.png (482x660, 493.21K)

compfag cope

you know you can just click that shit with the mouse, right user?
also the hotkeys will most likely be customizable

Post some RTS games with good SINGLEPLAYERS.

I have a fucking craving to save some more lads. I've finished literally every Nod Mission in every C&C game taking 0 casulties, same with the Protoss in SC1/Brood War and the Terrans in SC1. I've done this in a few other games as well, but I just want to go out, brutally slaughter the foes and bring all our boys back.

Attached: if only you knew how bad things really are.png (1454x1052, 558.58K)

NuDoom OST was already a poor derivative of Meshuggah.
This is an awful clone of NuDoom OST.

>no mp
>noooo, i need to look up builds online to pwn noobs
>the rating's too high, need to smurf

>more ultra realistic RTS garbage
Embarassing. Hard Pass.

World In Conflict
Wargames EE

>from the authors of Twisted Insurrection
it's all over

Well I will buy it.
Story or mechanics-wise? Or both?

Man, where are the "open world" RTS games?
I want something like Mount&Blade or Kenshi, only it's all RTS styled straight out of a game like Red Alert 2, just a massive fight across one or multiple continents between 3+ factions that just keeps expanding in scope as your own army continues to grow from tens to tens of thousands. A war that isn't broken up by Missions and instead a potentially never ending fight that could carry on for hundreds of hours.

>we will never get an RTS with better control mechanics than Supreme commander forged alliance.

2007 was the peak of RTS innovation and literally nothing has innovated since. All we get is shit regressed mechincs games as vehicles for retarded Devs shit fanfictions.

Looks like every other C&C game ever made

that's the point

>ultra realistic
dude what?
its fucking sci-fi up the ass

But user, they stripped out core mechanics to pre 2000s levels to make it accessible and look how shiny the graphics are and look the story is about fighting oppression and racism or something. It's an improvement!

Closest thing we have is forged alliance forever (Supreme commander) on 81 km sqr maps. Or the ultimate apocalypse mod for dawn of War 1.

Both are pre 2007. Pain, agony even.

Could check out World in Conflict, but Wargames? I ironically dread those kind of games, I prefer something akin to C&C or CoH 2

Honestly I don't mind, i'm fine even with VERY basic stories, like KKnD, Total Annhiliation, Dawn of War etc.

I'm sure you can find things similar? with like domination style grid maps, or perhaps just play Supreme Commander or what not

Attached: Brotherhood of Chad.png (2974x1202, 745.53K)

>ut Wargames? I ironically dread those kind of games, I prefer something akin to C&C or CoH 2
your loss

Completely visually unreadable. What the fuck is this?

The problem is that modern RTSs have completely dogshit campaigns and put all focus on multiplayer that's dead within a week.

Another in a long line of retarded devs who think shiny graphics make an RTS.

And when it inevitable flops, the studio execs will say, "see, this is proff that the RTS genre is dead and we should not invest money into it."

Also they are PANT SHITTINGLY TERRIFIED of allowing their players to access a map/scenario editor.

This is true but at the same time singleplayer games are basically irrelevant in today's market.
Because its a huge dev investment especially with the more complicated maps of modern RTS and only helps a game which is already a success. There's a reason you only saw it from the larger companies back in the day,