Games with the best SFX

I'm looking for games that have incredibly good sound effects. My personal top choice goes to Diablo 2.
The sound of gold dropping, picking up items, drinking a potion, picking up gems - these are unbelievably satisfying to me.
Zelda also has had some great SFX. What are your favorites?

Attached: 1661014300506.jpg (800x600, 571.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arch.b4k.co/v/thread/603434851/#603436264
youtube.com/watch?v=_a6eDuCSbBU
youtube.com/watch?v=QkT2cmlHuDg
youtu.be/jBrmkgz67v8?t=8142
youtube.com/watch?v=j4kI-xRkhks
youtube.com/watch?v=KMdrCc5UaYM
youtube.com/watch?v=UPXULv7qRw4
youtu.be/aKpwliHeSNM
youtube.com/watch?v=XKq167-dVgI
youtu.be/aJSrX_ZbEWc?t=13244
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Last thread
had some good recommendations already but it got autosaged because I used a forbidden phrase.

same user that recommended a few games, found an old autistic post I made in the archive asking the same sort of question as you. anyway, the games so far:
Tetris
Bejeweled
Vampire Survivors
World of Warcraft
Oblivion
Magic & Mayhem
Plants vs Zombies
Rayman Origins
Zuma
RE4 (the inventory management and the sounds it makes, reload animations, gun sounds etc)

arch.b4k.co/v/thread/603434851/#603436264

Attached: 1655986557444.png (920x1052, 45.24K)

Grasshopper sound design is probably the strongest factor that makes them so memorable and memetic. The sound when you switch personas is fucking orgasmic.

youtube.com/watch?v=_a6eDuCSbBU
youtube.com/watch?v=QkT2cmlHuDg

Attached: 1515475426763.gif (499x369, 1017.35K)

just gonna repost SaGa Frontier
if you played it, you fucking know

another good one OP, Luigi's Mansion, has some nice sound effects, especially when you're collecting coins and gems

youtu.be/jBrmkgz67v8?t=8142

Oxygen not Included seriously has some great sound design, you can zoom in on anything you build and hear the sound of it, each visual overlay has different sounds depending on what they're for, building wires and pipes sounds almost like music. There's a lot of attention put into the sound design.
youtube.com/watch?v=j4kI-xRkhks

ocarina of time when manual Z targeting

My personal favourites have always been Quake 3 and Warcraft 3.

>spend hours yesterday trying to get a non-Reforged Warcraft 3 pirated copy
>there's a ton of different versions, some widescreen and some not, some that will automatically try to update to Reforged
>some user in the archive made a big guide
>still not very helpful
>finally get one
>doesn't work
>get another
>need two keys
>can't find them anywhere
fuck Blizzard

youtube.com/watch?v=KMdrCc5UaYM

couldn't find a better video of it, but the page turning sound in this game I always liked as a kid, I swear there's a 2nd one but I don't think the video maker uses the journal correctly to produce it

I have all d2 sounds in my phone. When someone calls me i hear d2 cows. For messages its the potion sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPXULv7qRw4

rocket launcher, bfg and plasma gun also sound good

doom psx
sotn saturn /Aria of Sorrow (lower quality but way more unf, both do a similar boost effect thing to compensate for the lower quality and it just sounds better)
gg slash arcade boards (seriously its spooky how clear the voices are, every port screws this up)
batrman robin genesis
samsho v special
cs 1.6
quake 2

Attached: 1624306119579.jpg (768x1024, 139.03K)

trying to think of more games
this might fit the bill, the sound of stamping the document and how satisfying it is telling someone to get fucked, pulling the shutter down, sounding the alarm, simple but nice stuff
if you want some games with top-tier audio design in general, try Thief, Alien: Isolation and Dead Space

Attached: papers please.png (600x900, 60.73K)

this video sucks but the game has some stellar sound design

youtu.be/aKpwliHeSNM

Attached: oddysee.jpg (3264x2523, 2.1M)

Literally everything on N64
>oot menu sfx
>goldeneye silencer pew pews
>mario 64 atmosphere
>yoshi's story giving yoshi a voice
>mario kart 64 character voices
i could go on. playstation fags got mogged that gen.

Phantasy Star Online is #1 don't @ me if you disagree

youtube.com/watch?v=XKq167-dVgI

Killer insintct 1 and 2 have amazing sound effects, They are kinda cartoonish but they are punchy and feel super impactful, they fit right in with the game.

Sound design and direction is something that got lost over the years, people dont give too much shit about it anymore, I hate it really, Nu-Doom for example sounds like pure farts most of the time.

The picking up loot sound in Thief 1 and 2 is just terrific

Something about the atmosphere and sounds in Dungeon Keeper 1 were fucking legendary. The pitter patter of the imp's feet, that fucking mentor's voice, even down to the clucking of the chickens in the hatchery. Almost flawless if it wasn't for the spam when fights go on.

youtu.be/aJSrX_ZbEWc?t=13244

is this as complex as it looks? hard to make sense of what I'm looking at

There's a lot going on at the timestamp, I picked a level later in the game at random. But, no, the game is quite easy to figure out and branches out as you go deeper into the game.