New World is hands down the best mmorpg out right now if you are a pvp enjoyer...

New World is hands down the best mmorpg out right now if you are a pvp enjoyer, they fixed a ton of the issues and it has without a doubt the best combat/pvp of any mmo ever made.

3v3s:
youtube.com/watch?v=4PdZP7wQd9k

20v20s:
youtube.com/watch?v=oyzb5_s98CE

50v50s:
youtube.com/watch?v=-tNa_6Rcc3I

OWPVP:
youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6VgE0z7g4

Attached: PauldronedFears_740x416[1].jpg (740x416, 153.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GyLrxr6s-xk
nwdb.info/server-status
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck

Attached: 1473916256256[1].jpg (234x327, 58.32K)

send me atleast 50k gold so i can start playing pelase

no thanks i don’t play faggy mmos

>playing a PvE genre only for PvP
it's like playing competitive Pokemon lmaooo

what server are you on?
The entire endgame revolves around pvp, wtf are you on?

Cool, thanks for entering the thread.

it was actually meant to be PvP centric but they pussied out mid development, I evem think some people left the company because of it

The main endgame "raiding" is still pvp. It's 50v50 wars over territory and it's the most elite, exclusive, and poopsocked part of the game.

I play MMO's when they first launch and they are so fun when everyone is FRESH. New World was no different. It did get boring after 150 hours, though. I highly recommend it. Definitely got my money's worth. If you like MMO's don't skip this one just because "muh amazon" buzzword parrots. I enjoyed the professions/lifeskills a lot too.

Now if you want to be an absolute CHAD, try Starbase. It's a "ded game" because it's a sandbox. Don't expect NPC's to give you quests. It got mixed reviews because people didn't read the description of what they were buying. Hands down best space ship building sandbox.
>need to refuel
>have to get out and float in space and physically remove and replace fuel rods
That's all you need to know. Game is sick af. Also there are like 100 premade ships you can buy with in-game money. No microtransactions. You physically fly around the base and browse the ships on foot like car showrooms.

Attached: 1920px-Starbase_moonmap.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

Thanks for the rec, I will check it out? What is the combat like and is it similar to EVE?

didn't mean to add a "?" to the first sentence lmao

Describe what you do in that game on a daily basis. and I mean what YOU do, as in the shill that posted this thread.

Lol, lmao even.

Why the fuck did you give amazon money?
Bad gamer, shame on you! Ptoui!

So basically I am building my spear/rapier pvp kit and am 624gs rating right now and trying to get it to 625, my general day goes like this:
TP to three towns and get the event baskets for 2 gypsums
Play 2 matches of OPR to get 2 gypsums
Play 2 matches of 3v3s to get 2 gypsums
Do a couple faction quests in first light to get faction tokens to buy 2 gypsums
Mine for like 30 minutes to level my mining one aptitude stop to get another gypsum
Then I cast all those gypsums into each of my gear slots for umbral shards, then I use the umbral shards to upgrade my gear pieces, then I play opr or 3v3s the rest of the time. I do need to work on doing the pools arena though because it drops a bis dex ring for pvp. Most of my gear though is the pvp gear that drops from the pvp track which is bis for non-perk pieces. I also watch the auction house for better gear slots than what I currently have, but theyre pretty damn good right now. Other things I'm going to do is skill up my hatchet and sns so I can make some pvp builds for those as well. Here's my general layout for my pvp set currently:

>spear/rapier
>[sweep, perforate, skewer],[flourish, riposte, fleche]
>65 str, 250 dex, 200 con
>Light armor, all resilient with non perk pieces from the pvp track
>Fortifying perforate (hitting all three hits puts you at fort cap) and keenly jagged on spear (crits refresh all bleed) with deadly flourish on gloves, bleeding sweep on legs, and sundering riposte on rapier.

2 of my pieces are purple anyone who tells you, you need bis is retarded, getting the right perks even if it's not a legendary and you drop the third perk option is way more important

Also there's a bunch of other ways to get gypsum but this is just what I do because I get to play pvp for 90% of the time (running m10 mutated expeditions is the best way).

I don't play it because it's not coomer enough got me.

also to add to this 6 of my pieces of gear a named items from the pvp track that I upgraded to 625 legendary (you get these items just for playing pvp)

Only good argument in the thread

That sounds like going to work. I get paid to go to work.

Nah it's mostly background stuff. I play pvp anyway and you get these rewards to upgrade your gear (it's only like a 5% increase from 600 to 625) so you just use the stuff you get showered with. You don't need max gs gear to wreck people in pvp, the other reason I'm doing it is so I can run m10 expeditions in my pvp gear (even though I hate pve you get 6000 umbral shards per run, which btfos my casual 4000 per day), and that's assuming that I still need to upgrade gear, but a lot of autists like to stack all of their mats.

What is the early game like?

probably shit, but idk I've been playing since launch. They apparently sped up leveling a ton, but again I have no idea.

I agree about New World launch. It was a blast on my server.
Flagged for PVP all the time because im not a pussy. 1v1s, 1v2s and sometimes groups of factions pvping unexpectedly.
Being in a guild that purchased a city in the first days.
Being ahead of the curve because no life and PVP kills gave decent exp, something unflagged retards wouldn't know about.
Joining groups for PVP quests to influence our city so no one could really start a war with us, until that got boring and we wanted a war and just let them do as they please.

Then i hit lvl cap and the games flaws were seriously starting to show.
Shit like Wars being slideshows with everyone practically stationary being nuked by AoEs and unable to do anything about it, losing territory in the process. Items being duped with different exploits. Patches getting released to fix something only to break more things than they fixed. Whatever the fuck Watermarking was, jesus christ that was a stupid mechanic.
Outpost Rush disabled for ages and when it was re-enabled it gave seriously good loot for no effort.
Bots were being mass produced for free with Steam Family Share and so the chat channels were spammed constantly, the beaches were always spawning more jumble named retards to spam the chat.

Probably missing some of the bullshit but I just wasn't going to put up with poor quality devs.

New World looks good right now but im not sure its even worth it to get back in.
Did they remove proximity chat? I want to be able to still whip out my guitar in the middle of a city and jam something out to a crowd.

>New World looks good right now but im not sure its even worth it to get back in.
>Did they remove proximity chat? I want to be able to still whip out my guitar in the middle of a city and jam something out to a crowd.
No, theres still voice chat and everything the same, also the added guitars and a bunch of other instruments in game.

youtube.com/watch?v=GyLrxr6s-xk

nothing new world can do at this point can save that game, it will always be too little too late

I'll probably jump back into it when I've got some good time amount of time off, but I have a couple of questions for anyone still playing
>How many people are still playing, roughly?
>Are there still active EU servers?
>Can you server transfer?

there's 21k playing right now and pop has been increasing, but who cares my server hit's max capacity during peak times anyway so the game feels very alive

nwdb.info/server-status
They merged a fuckload of servers and now every server has basically max capacity during peak times, I think eu is still the most popular region.

Also yes there are server transfers and you might have 2 free ones depending on when you left the game.

Thanks lad, I re-read my original post and it sounds retarded
> I've got some good time amount of time off,
I really should proof read my posts, it's a bad habit.

I'll jump in now all the Streamers and fomo faggots have fucked off though, they make games like this almost unplayable.

Cool stuff, forewarning though, it might be a bit of a grind depending where you left off, but if you need to get your expertise up to 600 just spam regular dungeons and you get showered with expertise bumps