What do you call that event when you're about 75% close to finishing a video game but suddenly you just stop playing it...

What do you call that event when you're about 75% close to finishing a video game but suddenly you just stop playing it? Has this happened to you too?

Attached: 1660993933916.jpg (634x540, 117.78K)

Personally its a mix of not wanting to end it/non-committal. The opposite of people who dislike a game and yet push themselves to finish them.

Sometimes i stop just because something else catches my eye and i forget about what i was playing previously. So really, probably depends on what your reason is

Attached: waddlewaddle.gif (1920x1080, 199.46K)

It's been happening a lot and when I come back I forget how to play and feel the need to start over.

You're burned out by the gameplay and the game has overstayed its welcome

best coal burner Miyeon!

Attached: 1642288601247.png (663x946, 847.18K)

Boring. Post her giving birth

This is why all games should only be 20 hours long at most

And then you’ve waited a long enough period that you’ve forgotten the story so you restart for the nth time?

I've experienced two variants.
The first is where you don't want it to end. Usually a bigger problem for shorter games, as you intentionally stop playing after a few hours instead of doing full sessions.
The second where is where you get into the endgame, and you just don't feel it since the mechanics are limited, or there is a lack of new content.

I think the problem is that the game isn't good enough that you just keep on going like you are obsessed. Or your RL situation don't allow you to commit.

Attached: No_fun_allowed_2B.png (540x544, 162.64K)

i stop playing when I'm done with the game, not when the game is done

Skyrim Syndrome

That's just means I got bored

there is no cure to this disease once youve gone past 20

Instant gratification addiction. You know it's a good game but doesn't have the instant kick you're looking for.

I literally don't play games more than 10 hours long
Last time I played an RPG was New Vegas years ago. And it was very, very worth it. But I doubt all these other generic RPGs are worth my time. People play games like Dragon Quest or Xenoblade for the characters and shit, but it looks boring as fuck to me. I would play Persona if it weren't like 50 hours long.
Even Dangranronpa is 30 hours to complete. Who sits at their computer reading for 30 hours?

I use god mode and finish the story at least

what's your problem dude? take a look at yourself

Xenoblade 1 is fun for the premise.
In metaphorical terms you are playing as a ant climbing two world sized titans, and there is something really phycological fun about climbing to the next body part. Combat system is also fun, because you get a warning with a extra system attached whenever a monster tries to do a instantkill or a disabling debuff.

Dragon Quest is a different matter.
1 to 5 is fun. Mostly because you get rapidly enough trough areas with enough new monsters that it doesn't turn into a slog. There is also enough mechanics and new fun monster mechanics for it to be fun.
After that I've only tried 8, and I am struggling to do the post Empyrian stuff. The combat has this problem where the turns takes forever, and the encounter rate is obscene. I really enjoy the resource management, but I also wish the game displayed "immune" whenever a monster is actually immune to status effects.

Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy.
After the first 3 there isn't enough resource management, turning the 'combat' into a slugfest because its fully possible to mash trough the games without engaging the mechanics.
FF15 might be critique the most for this, but the series has partially been this way. Generally the combat is some of the fastest you have in a JRPG, but it also suffers badly from not forcing the player to engage with the system: And that is true of the entire series.

Attached: Believe_Dragonquest.png (606x680, 844.29K)

boredom and burnout
i dropped MGSV at main mission 20, just lost interest

I'm sure they're fun but they're just too long for me. I'd rather play a new game sooner than play the same game for like two-three weeks

it's the pre-endgame "cleanup", clearing out sidequests or whatever, and i just decide i can't be fucked anymore.

Witcher 3 is too fucking long and i'm too autistic doing everything so i'm always burnout right before endgame.