Untitled

Attached: fgs.png (1365x769, 1.24M)

Input is the least difficult part of fighting games. Neutrals, frame data, hitboxes, gimmicks are all far more fucked up than input.

Only a few of them are hard lol
try street fighter IV fot example and that is easy compared to tekken 7 or melee

There are 0 "Melee players" who aren't on the autism spectrum.
Also, thread is about Fighting Games. not Party games.

The only fighting game I really like is Melee. I haven't played Smash Wii U in years and I've never played Ultimate so I can't say anything about them. Brawl had intentional input lag and random tripping that made vanilla horrible to play. Mods fixed it years later, but my interest was already ruined.
No, I don't do tournaments. I only play against AI for a bit of fun.

Motion inputs are not the problem
Combos are not the problem
The problem is the sheer amount of faggots who want instant gratification and get filtered beforr they even starting playing a game

Fighting games aren't hard; Fighting games are unintuitive, their mechanics obfuscated, content extremely redundant and lacking in variety, and the standards for an actual good product about two decades behind the times.

Fighting games lack depth and flexible strategies, they place a veil of "execution" and a slathering of flashy system mechanics over the vacancy which is extremely routine, bloated and trivial. It matters not if the character has eight moves or eighty-eight moves; six or eighty-six of them are openly admitted to have no purpose except for being "combo/blockstring filler" or a shittier alternative to the two good moves that work in neutral. At best.

Fighting games are a joke, and they die rapidly if they aren't kept on life support with DLC and money tournaments artificially propping up the dead on arrival corpses. Even the most basic FPS or any other genre really has an infinity more depth in tactics, strategy, and organically thriving playerbases.

Just say you don't know much about the genre. You don't have to claim to be an expert on everything you know

Attached: kneel.png (613x446, 358.23K)

Yes the important game changing options should be gated behind something not meter related

fpbp

>Zoomnite

yeah but the inputs prevent an average person from even attempting to understand the other stuff

Nah I'm retarded but I still can understand the simple inputs since you only need muscle memory. The hardest parts are making your own gameplans for characters and understanding the opponents + specific game's mechanics to exploit the wins

The thing is, in most 3D fighters those inputs are basically optional, sure, some characters have them for stances and what not, but early on you should be able to go by with direction+button, and some button sequences.

That's you and you are the minority. The average person has Trainingmodephobia. The concepts stated are a thousand times more complex for sure, but the process to learn them is a lot more seemless, at least until it isn't, and that'll come to fuck you up many times, but still, i'd say it's still more seemless.
Concepts like neutral are like a loading screen, even the bar showing to 1% provides enough satisfaction for normalfags to keep going. Inputs are a Yes/No statement. You know how to do them or you don't, and they're a non issue once the answer is Yes. It's a little more intricate than that with how fast I can do it, or on either side, but these questions are neglieable.
Am I defending the players for not going through with learning how to do a Z on their stick? No. But I am stating the way I interpret the reaction of the masses to this hurdle.

because you are playing them in japanese albeit not knowing japanese?

Yeah, good. put in some effort faggot.

Fighting games are hard because people can’t shift the blame from losing to someone else.

>The average person has Trainingmodephobia
Then maybe we should stop perpetuating the myth that playing against the CPU is bad and only will give you bad habits, when (at lower difficulty levels) allows new players to get a feel for how the characters play, and something where they chan try to get better at doing the inputs without the opponent being as assholeish as possible to them while having some sort of purpose other than do dp motion a 100 times in a row VS a dummy.

the "fighting games are too hard" complaint is gay.

Fighting games will never appeal to normalfags not because of some perceived complexity or difficulty but because of the very nature of a 1v1 competition.
In most multiplayer games you can just blame your team if you're bad, but in a fighter there's nobody to blame but yourself. Casuals can't handle personal accountability and they'll instead blame their failure on the game or on the opponent for being "cheap".
Good fighting games shouldn't be accessible to casuals, they should in fact actively gatekeep them.

this is retarded, FG players are some of the biggest blame shifters in existence. if i had a penny for everytime i heard somebody say some variant of "your character carries you" or blame the MU (bonus points if they do it while admitting they haven't actually studied it at all) i'd be a fucking rich man.