Haven't played football vidya since NFL Fever 2004. Is this a dumpster fire or is it fun?

Haven't played football vidya since NFL Fever 2004. Is this a dumpster fire or is it fun?

Attached: 8312900254f82bb88608f2609bf28758.jpg (640x426, 26.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ehSmLq9J4yc
youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4
youtube.com/watch?v=NlWbTDFjQCU
youtube.com/watch?v=q1v52f1TrWg
youtube.com/watch?v=B_L75FXv9J0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just play NFL Street or Blitz or something like that. NFL sims are pointless

I've actually never played a Blitz game, NFL or no. Are they good? I do like the idea of murderball.

Yes, I routinely go back to NFL Street 1 every few years and make myself and my co-workers to go through the NFL Challenge mode. Shit's way fun. NFL Street 1 and 2 are good, 1 is better than 2, do NOT play 3.

Newer games are literally gacha games this point

I miss him so much bros
youtube.com/watch?v=ehSmLq9J4yc
youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4
youtube.com/watch?v=NlWbTDFjQCU
You have no idea how difficult it is to get a proper memorial going on /sp/

Me too bro

youtube.com/watch?v=q1v52f1TrWg

I'll give Street 1 a go, thanks. How are the unlicensed Blitz games? I remember hearing about them when they came out and thought they sounded appropriately gruesome.

I only played Blitz in the Arcade and I never liked it but some people swore by it. If you can emulate it too, I'd give it a shot. Or just watch some gameplay vids first.

John Madden was unironically one of my favorite people in general

I won't pretend to understand or appreciate his influence as a commentator... but that bucket bit was like a fever dream.

That guy was a treasure
youtube.com/watch?v=B_L75FXv9J0

>Is this a dumpster fire or is it fun?
Take a guess.

Attached: madden.png (249x33, 6.63K)

Madden is shit, but I'm betting most of those have to do with PC being stuck with the last-gen version of the game again.

This.
NFL Street 3 is my favorite.

>NFL Street 3 is my favorite.
How could you say that
>shit censored music
>changed all taunts to be inoffensive
>soulless

Street 1 is the best, Street 2 is slightly worse but both are LEAGUES ahead of Street 3. The only thing I liked about 3 was how they handled Gamebreakers

>I'm betting most of those have to do with PC being stuck with the last-gen version of the game again
You're right, but I get where they're coming from. Without the current-gen features it's just a $60 roster update.
>Madden is shit
Agreed, I'm genuinely curious how 2K's new NFL game will turn out.

That's not football.

It'll be an arcarde game since EA has exclusive rights to make "simulation" football games. Not really sure what 2K's track record looks like for those type of sports games, but I'll be interested to see what they do.

Romo is no madden but I like his style more than pretty much any other commentator doing football at the moment.

Madden games are never good, it's pretty sad desu.
The NFL needs to give it's license to more companies to take a crack at it.

ESPN NFL 2K5 man
You will literally need nothing else.

>EA has exclusive rights to make "simulation" football games.
Yeah, I'm interested to see what they come up with as well, but I'm curious what "simulation" rights even entails though. Player count? Presentation? 2K supposedly said they are taking it "to the line" of what separates arcade vs simulation, but again, there's no information on what either actually mean. Either way, I'm hoping it does well enough for them to get a crack at a true Madden competitor, 2k5 is still one of my all time favorites.