Was it really that bad?

Was it really that bad?

Attached: product.png (1024x1024, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suction_Cups_(Ability)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nah it was pure ludokino

Better than DP, maybe Platinum too. Not worth 60 bucks.

>take some of the least polished games in the series
>give them a remake
>give them 0 additions/changes from the third version that polished them into one of the most beloved games in the franchise
>that'll be $60
Yes.

Just play Platinum instead, one of the best entries in the franchise.

They're not bad or anything, but they did absolutely nothing to improve or really alter the experience in any way whatsoever. Underwhelming as remakes.

It was the same exact game as DP--it's actually a literal step BACK from Platinum. Most soulless pokemon release I've ever played. They put zero effort into it. At least ORAS had some new content even if the removed Frontier.

i like it but i also got it on sale at walmart for $40

Gen 4 in the first place was not that great. It follows the traditional Pokemon formula, but much slower and with poor enemy variety. There was some cool online stuff on the DS way back, like the wifi plazas, video sharing, and even co-op play at the Battle Frontier in Platinum. But BDSP didn't adapt any of it.

Attached: arcade.png (1184x800, 2.1M)

It's only "better" than DP by virtue of being a remake.

It's faster than Platinum, makes HMs trivial, and has harder endgame bosses.

Worse, it was nothing.

It wasn't that bad, it was awful.

Got it recently. Having fun with it. HATED that I forgot there’s literally only two fire lines in the entire fucking game before the nat dex, HATED that they thought Houndoom fixes the issue. Had to fucking port a chimchar from Arceus since I had picked Turtwig and that kinda fixed my experience.

Nah it also has the best post-game battles of the series since the leaders and later tower battles use fully optimized teams

But none of that shit matters when it has half the content.

too faithful to the original two games, platinum was made back then for a reason

Pokemon was never good

My major issue with it is that there was no re-imagining going on. The past three remake games had a bunch of cool aesthetic changes that made it feel fresh again but BDSP is literally DP with new underground and 3D models instead of sprites.

Attached: 1542904972217.jpg (250x212, 14.89K)

Yes
>Botched the grand underground
>Botched bases
>Botched contests
>The Battle Frontier is just the Battle Tower, AGAIN.
>Movement with the control stick is fucked because they kept the grid system
>Saying fuck all to the improvements made in Platinum such as fixing the level scaling, giving trainers better teams, giving more variety to the environments, giving Giratina an actually fitting location instead of sticking him in a random cave, letting you actually obtain trade evolution items before the postgame, and even the fucking bug fixes like Suction Cups not working but they put the error back in BDSP because it was in DP.

Pokémon has always been good.

>and even the fucking bug fixes like Suction Cups not working but they put the error back in BDSP because it was in DP
What

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Suction_Cups_(Ability)
>Due to an error in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, the ability has no effect outside of battle in those games. This behavior is kept in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, where the ability also has no effect outside of battle

Gen 4 will always be shit no matter how many times they remake them

It's pretty much the same content? It just trades the Battle Frontier for a harder Battle Tower.