I feel like mechanically this is one of the best roguelites

I feel like mechanically this is one of the best roguelites.
Little room for error, but you can still beat the game without OP builds if you are decent.
I like how its challenging.

Attached: gungeon.jpg (760x427, 136.82K)

this game is dogshit don't listen to OP, I wasted my money on this garbage

sorry I can't hear you over the sound of the first few floors being boring garbage and also the floors you'll spend the majority of the game playing

Its fine, just overrated. Nuclear throne is better

>slow as fuck, especially on the early floors
>most weapons are memey shit with low impact and bad juice
>DPS caps on bosses
It's shit. Especially now that it supports 60 fps, just play Nuclear Throne.

Binding of isaac repentance is better.

i agree

The synergies and stuff are fun but it's too slow. It's the opposite of Nuclear Throne where the gameplay is fun and fast paced but there's very little content.

>Aim down
The retarded aiming gap for MuH aEsThEtIc

On one of my early runs the rats cucked me out of like two chests, while every other chest was just shitty health items. No ammo in the shop or dropped. Wasnt getting hit and managed to make it to the level 4 boss with just my starter gun because fucked rng. Had full health and 2 armor. Proceeded to face an unwinnable scenario because apparently the wall is the one boss that instal kills you if you cant beat it fast enough and the fucking starter gun couldnt out dps it. After that i proceeded to never play this shitty unbalanced game again

kyutto ratto

Attached: 1635897652743.png (359x278, 60.79K)

I dont like how health upgrades are locked behind either luck or flawlessly killing bosses. Way too often i find myself on the 4th or 5th floor with the same base health. Also the Rat makes it impossible to use ammo management because if you dont take it, its gone. If you already had full ammo, its a waste and if you use all of it hoping for a ammo drop, you might not even get it one before the boss. I constantly am using my starter pistol because im discouraged to use and not use ammo at the same time. Only good thing is the music.

i have over 700 hrs on it. its a great game. Theres a ton of polish your average faggot here just wont comprehend, but its ok, let them enjoy their last of us 2

How tf is there 700 hours of content in this game...how?

He can't get passed the second floor

I loved it as well. Personally I'm not down with Isaac's style of play while Gungeon hit all the right spots for me. The biggest flaw I'll agree with is that the first floor is boring.

You're right but it gets boring so fast compared to other roguelites, i feel like i could play isaac or spelunky forever, but with gungeon runs take forever and there's so much walking

Rainbow runs are the best way to have FUN in this game, prove me wrong

>add an extra gun and item during the first 2 floors
Boom game is 200% better now.
Can't believe sucha small change can save a game.
Also neon abyss has a very similar problem where the first 10-15 minutes of a run are a snoozefest

I platinum'd the game on ps4 before the final update and I don't think I saw a single rainbow or glitched chest.

Based
It's not a perfect game, but I like how snappy it is. Everybody goes on about BoI, but I hate how floaty it feels. If I get hit in EtG, I know it was my fault, the controls are tight and there is always room for error if you pay attention. However, it starts especially slow (not doling out fun weapons and shit until you put significant time into it) and if you don't know how to play, the game will fuck you.
You eventually get to the point where you realize the run sucks by the end of the first floor and just restart.

>You eventually get to the point where you realize the run sucks by the end of the first floor and just restart.
No
No you don't
You realize the game sucks and uninstall it

Thanks for adding to the conversation! What did you like about it?

the game has nothing but kino boss fights, most rogues have garbage bosses

unlocking everything and finishing the game with the 7 characters and killing their past took me a while, but i dont suck at the game sometimes im replaying it for fun, the synergies are cool and replayability is good

ngmi
the game is fast as fuck when you use the map teleporter, theres no down time

I for one really like how it has ignignokt's blaster from athf, but you're not wrong

It's a good game, shame how many people got filtered by the difficulty.

>He doesn’t play double speed runs through the Oubliette while not getting hit a single time in order to unlock the second hidden area

I won't lie, unlocking the shortcuts absolutely made me lose my sanity.

>bosses only give health upgrades when you get a no-damage clear
>if you can get a no-damage clear you don't need health upgrades

Attached: 1632884075803.gif (360x358, 188.39K)

>First past I try to kill is the pilot
>so this is just a cutscene and I need to die, right?
>mfw losing all my progress

Once you know how to dodge roll it's all smooth sailing from there on

680 of them were spent restarting on floor 1 trying to get a gun that doesn't suck.