Is VR dead?

Is VR dead?

Attached: A_Place_Like_Home_by_alltelleringet.jpg (1200x1500, 1.59M)

I sure hope not, especially after buying like 50 VR exclusives on PS4/5 waiting on PSVR 2. Would be a shame if all that effort went to waste.

>WOW 2 SCREENS STUCK IN MY EYES VIRTUAL REALITY LMAO

Attached: 1630802162026.png (706x1352, 627.56K)

One for each of your brain cells to process

It's dead cause it's costly

Where is index 2? Are my base stations going to be obsolete? I bought it for future proofing reee

I feel like Parzival or Kirito irl. This one time I was using a public VR station in the mall and they had me play a variety of games, one including SUPERHOT VR. I watched a few vids here or there, but this was my first time playing. I was killing it, and I overheard an employee tell my grandma how I’m the “best he’s ever seen” at the game! Huge ego boost right there, and true story so I doubt I’m the only one with such an experience. If VR is dead it means a few million were killed to murder it good. Look at the Wright bros if you don’t believe me, these people are very heinous and dead set on holding back humanity. I won’t let it die. Never. I don’t care what anyone thinks.

Said it last thread and I'll say it again, it's a stale gimmick until they can incorporate the rest of the senses instead of just sight and sound.

Facebook killed VR by:
a) pushing everyone else out of the market (buying out competitors, paying devs not to ship on other platforms, predatory pricing, the usual big tech monopoly tactics)
b) focusing only on weak mobile hardware. VR is literally mobile shovelware now. The most played games are still the ones that came from PCVR years ago before Facebook got involved.
c) gatekeeping VR content when their idea of a good title is pic related

Attached: peak_vr.png (741x799, 924.84K)

you must have only one since fell in the vr meme

You’re talking right now, and completely forgot about AAA & AA PSVR2 content in the near & future

you get proprioception for free as long as you have controllers or some way to track parts of your body, plus your vestibular system you get for free too just no way to indirectly stimulate it (would be bad though)
What you're describing is like 200 years away technology wise because then we would literally need matrix uplink like technology

Are you a kindergartener?

Sony is VR's only hope, at least that system has some horsepower behind it

Oh you mean tactile?
>n-no! That doesn’t count, I want to smell my waifu’s truffle butter!
Shifting goalposts as usual. You’re gonna be on the wrong side of history, just like the iPhone naysayers.

iPhone was instantly successful, VR has been trying unsuccessfully for 40+ years

>Song is VR’s only hope
A real shame since Midcapsoft had all the resources to do the same, but rather than push VR innovation through their Xbox’s as promised they instead chose to toss their gold to Xibalba (aka GamePass).

The primary reason I switched to PlayStation, I was done with the constant flow of lies.

Attached: 187AFEC9-FA38-4EB5-B1AF-006F2AA86B06.jpg (1200x800, 80.94K)

>iPhone was INSTANTLY successful!
You must be over 18+ to post here

look up the sales figures, ignoramus

Quest seriously did fuck everything up, desktop VR was slowly gaining traction until Facebook came up with this aggressive loss leader scheme.

This is a bad faith comparison. Before the iPhone were hundreds of attempts at the mobile phone, all being extremely tacky in hindsight. But if you compared 40+ years of phones across brands vs 40+ years of virtual reality across brands, it would look eerily similar and probably wouldn’t fit your narrative.

Yes.
There are so many issues in the way of it ever taking off.
>Price point
Unless you are just watching a movie or playing something extremely simple, it's gonna cost quite alot of money. You need to buy the headsets which are always hundreds, then you need to have the machine to run it. Be it a sony or a PC. You are looking at 500-5000+$ depending on how big dick you go.

>Wires and weight
The headset is heavy and unbalanced. For any type of long play session i would think it would get tiring fast and/or cause a sore neck. Plus the wires in the way.

>space requirement
You need to have dedicated space in your house to actually move around and play it. Then you have to take in to account if you have others in your house. Are you gonna be flailing about at 3AM playing some VR when your kids are asleep on a weekday? Or if you live with your parents how will they react to that?

>games
All the games I've seen are pretty much rhythm games, FPS, on-rail shooter, heckin story immersion games or something along those lines. You are not gonna see something like DMC or Sekiro in VR. You are NOT gonna be doing the bing bing wahoos as Mario and playing the new Zelda in VR.

>How people think of VR compared to what we actually have
Thanks to various entertainment media formats over the year showing VR as a full body control type situation, think Holodeck on Star Trek or Ready Player One. Not some floating hands on screens attached to your face that are controlled by controllers in your hands

It was never alive

If we keep with the phone comparison.
The current VR sets are pic related, they are no where near the Iphone in terms of adoption.

Attached: 1916-automatic-electric-type-12_1_ba449d8fa7020eb0711cd7ac2f8846cb.jpg (360x480, 42.56K)