Is this a good game?

Is this a good game?

Horror games thread, I guess.

Attached: Soma_Game_Art.png (220x255, 69.31K)

Yeah its great. Pretty much a sci fi version of amnesia.

Its my favorite "horror" game.
Its not that scary at all actually, but the sense of dream that it gives is better than any other game I've tried

it's pretty good
if you don't know anything about it yet, get out of here so you can come back after you finish and argue endlessly with the rest of us

not really a horror game but excellent atmosphere

I don't know, let's flip a coin to decide.

Go play it.

>argue
>with you
Nah thanks, I pretty much think that you are just a bunch of faggots, thanks for the recomendation though

Attached: 1650947556866.png (615x468, 407.05K)

he'll be back

*loses the coin toss*

Attached: simon.png (810x1080, 1.28M)

If your path to immortality involves making a copy of yourself you aren't immortal.

>dream
Meant to say dread lol*

wow I was really wondering what you really meant, I thought that I was not going to be able to sleep tonight, gee thanks

Attached: 1653102039330.gif (200x300, 993.85K)

why was the main character so retarded?

Yeah it's actually pretty good. Even wrote a paper on it at my shithole of a university.

Its very good as an atmospheric walking sim.
Its a shit tier horror game.
It makes midwits think they're smart.

You should definitely pirate it user. If you have to spend money on it then i wouldn't go above $2.50.

C*nadian

Narratively it's a good game. Gameplay wise, it's a waklking simulator.

The coinflip is a good analogy, and I think people are too fast to call out how stupid it is because they want to appear smart.

The coinflip is whether "you" end up in one body or the other, the coinflip is whether you *are* that person. Basically, start by imagining you actually are already the person in the ark. From your point of view, you made the decision to flip the coin, and "won". Even though they are a copy, from their perspectives, they are still that person who was in on the ocean floor earlier. This is literally what the gameplay shows. When you end up switching from Simon to a copy both times, do you actually feel like a different character? Of course not, you feel like exactly the same person. Or put it another way -- you will never end up on the Ark unless you are the sort of people who would send a copy of themselves there.

This was talked about in Star Trek and the issue of continuation of consciousness with the transporters. If you were disassembled atomically in the transporter you technically died there and your copy was beamed down to the planet or whatever.

Great game, and I loved that the devs gave it away for free at one point and added a peaceful mode where you can enjoy the atmosphere of it.