"its a good game, just not a good [insert game series here] game"

>"its a good game, just not a good [insert game series here] game"

Attached: IMG_20201117_162935.jpg (546x676, 41.94K)

Dark souls 2

I hate this shit, learn how to speak without using retarded stock phrases.

Doom 3

Dark Souls 2 isn't even close to being a good game

Shut up! It's my secret way to complain about something when I don't actually have a complaint!

DmC, a bad DMC game, and a mediocre to okay game overall.

Doom 3, Doom 2016.

Retard contrarians who can only learn by association. You’re as bad as the people you hate.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts

Imagine there's a racing series, but for the third game the devs turn it into an RTS. The RTS is really, really good, but it still has fuck all to do with the original series. Ergo it is a good game, just not a good racing series game

the phrase makes no sense admit it

MGSV

Imagine caring enough about a brand to use a phrase like this.

Attached: bofv.png (696x524, 604.94K)

Yeah I mean if someone slapped Silent Hill on a RTS game no one should care as long as its a good RTS game right?

I just realized that this title is all about... You know, screwing.

one of those most cowardly phrases cooked up by internet pseuds
>its a good game i just don't like it because my subjective pseud opinion
Cowards

How? It means it's good in its own right but it's really different compared to other entries.

halloween 3

Thats Rare for ya.

>Grabbed by the Ghoulies

Banjo Kazooie N&B
It had good gameplay and it was fun as fuck making retarded cars and planes, but it wasn't the game people wanted to see B+K in especially after the 8 year drought following Tooie

>good

my nigga

If you're going to release a game in a series that's completely different from every other game in the franchise then just release it under a new IP and don't ride on past success.

the third game is not supposed to be a racing game so ofc its not a good racing game? that doesnt mean its a bad [racing series name] game
thats like saying fallout 3 is a bad fallout game just because its not a top-down crpg

sums up New Vegas to a t.

because its a different formula doesnt mean its a bad addition to the series

Deny this

Attached: dpr_2.png (1313x738, 1.5M)

Thats not how you make money. You think Disney cares an untalented, anorexic crack addict is the lead of their movie that barely resembles SW? You think the Tomb Raider devs cared about making a game devoid of nay interesting aspects from the originals? You think Bethesda didn't laugh to themselves over spending one year adding guns and a turd filter to Oblivion and calling it Fallout 3? Its a common practice that works because humanity is too fucking stupid to differentiate.

It's a good Zelda game, just not a Alttp/OOT copy paste

>whats that you want to try a new game style but set in the same universe as your other games? um no chud, you cant do that because... well... you just cant okay?

>thats like saying fallout 3 is a bad fallout game just because its not a top-down crpg
There are many, many reasons why fallout 3 is a bad fallout game but yes that is one of them

>Imagine caring
Yes user, people should stop caring and become cynical and boil down all forms of entertainment to "it's just an X, who cares". Integrity, effort and the idea of mantaining a legacy doesnt matter.

hating change is a sign of autism

All you're doing when you do that is alienating fans of the old and failing to appeal to new fans and casuals.

>it's a bad game, but a good [insert game series here] game"

Attached: 1650683471535.webm (592x1042, 646.47K)

Worked for HALO

Something something Sonic