Alan Wake

I finished it today. At first it didn't looked special, but that meta-narrative of the story makes it enjoyable.

Attached: 4.AlanWake1.jpg (1200x445, 27.66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-l_kbZbXRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b6RKKCQt82Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0f_hewSrAH4
youtu.be/GeSUvoY2oUk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sam Lake is a good writer, a bit too high on his own farts sometimes though.

i really wish i could see it through to end because i really like the story but holy shit is the gameplay boring. why couldn't they make an adventure game instead of a stupid linear TPS?

The game all around is kind of shit, but the way it's framed and how it's done brings it up a lot. For example, almost all of the enemies are the same exact thing yet they're fun to encounter because of their quirky quotes and approaches.

Is it worth getting the Control DLC for more Alan Wake content?

It was 2010. Was a different time

youtube.com/watch?v=8-l_kbZbXRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=b6RKKCQt82Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0f_hewSrAH4

Attached: 0015142022_20.jpg (412x412, 24.82K)

It brings the light mechanic directly from Alan Wake into Control. I love Remedy games but for me it really just served to hype up Alan Wake II.

>game where a white guy shoot dark people with the help of the police

That concert stage was kino as fuck.

Act 2 and 3 had been getting dull gameplay wise and then Act 4 happens and it's like "oh the REAL game is here". Seriously the game is way better at cool action set to Poets of the Fall songs than it is at horror or suspense.

>Is it worth getting the Control DLC for more Alan Wake content?
No. Not unless you were going through a AW spree before AW2 comes out.

The game has a lot of problems and the gameplay is boring, but the atmosphere is absolute top tier. God I love it. It makes the game worth playing.

Attached: mullet time.jpg (1920x1080, 433.85K)

Any predictions for how Alan Wake II will approach survival horror?

Attached: zodiac.jpg (511x501, 35.14K)

Those little breaks from the tension of the game with the Night Springs show were fucking comfy man. The game isn’t flawless but man it’s one of my favorite. Still never played American Nightmare, how is it?

has better gameplay and some needed weapon variety, but the story is a big fat nothing

>Still never played American Nightmare, how is it?
If you absolutely NEED more Alan Wake, but it's basically scrapped old Alan Wake II ideas from 2012 in presentation and will probably be discarded once Alan Wake II comes out.

Hide and seek

Perfect example of how setting and atmosphere can make an otherwise mediocre game kino.

Loved the atmosphere but the enemy variety really got to me towards the end. Same with 2017 Prey desu.

Resident Evil 7 but a small town

youtu.be/GeSUvoY2oUk

How did they do it? Kino fucking soundtrack.

No, but it's worth it as Alan Wake 2 teaser, if you've also played Alan Wake's American Nightmare.

great game

more than one enemy hopefully