Steam Deck thread, and a reply to Noita user

What have you all been playing on the deck lately?
What game do you want to play on it first?

For the user who asked me to test Noita on the deck, it runs well, solid 60 fps most of the time with some occasional random dips that went as low as 50 fps or so.
I have no idea what caused the dips, my gpu and cpu were both barely being used and I even moved the game onto the onboard storage, but they didn't detract from my enjoyment much. The game lasted for around 4-5 hours without any tdp cap, and that might be the way to play it, as I saw my battery consumption spike and go down a fair bit.

I found the deck worked really well for the controls, there was a nice community layout I picked and tweaked slightly for sensitivity which emulated mouse and keyboard really well, I ended up getting carried away and playing till I ran out of battery.
Suffice to say it's pretty fun on the deck.
Granted I didn't get to do anything particularly crazy to test the bounds of how much it could handle, but it stood up pretty well to a little bit of multi projectile spam on my end.
Hope you see that and it answers your questions.

Attached: Noita on Deck.jpg (6016x4512, 2.58M)

Been playing Destroy All Humans on mine lately. Hope the new one runs well on the Deck like they said it would.

Attached: 3D042D8B-87FB-41A7-9CA8-AD8047E3869C.jpg (4032x2918, 2.86M)

Hopefully, can't say I have any experience with that series though I have a friend who likes them.

Been playing Tunic. Really thought it would be shit at first due to furshit having inherent shittiness but it turned out to be rock solid. Like old school Zelda meets Dark Souls. Incredible to know that it was made by ONE guy.

Anyone manage to get Elona running? I've got it booted but it doesn't register keyboard commands when remapping the buttons only gamepad controls work.

>all the games I wanted to play on my deck don't have cloud saving
>end up playing a bunch of old as eurojank crpgs from the early 2000s because they all have cloud saves for some reason

Attached: 1519147097755.jpg (480x480, 52.6K)

Oh, I really enjoyed Tunic when I got to it, I also played it on the deck.
How far in are you?

noita is just a really CPU hungry game, and this is still effectively a (good) laptop CPU.
that said, it'll lag even on desktops.

the biggest annoyance for me, and i've had quite a few hours on noita on my deck, is that moving spells around is really annoying. the cursor autoselects the spells, but it isn't very straightforward about it, so if you want to clear off your third wand you'll find it very annoying to get at that last spell when that wand is particularly long.
doesn't sound annoying until you realize the entire second half of the game (after beating it) is tinkering with wands.
It's playable, but certain things are more annoying.

It's been 5 days since I payed my deck off, why the fuck won't it ship already?

Attached: 1632717504445.png (798x440, 386.54K)

Are you using the default control configuration?
I didn't have too much trouble with the community one I was using, it was basically like playing with kb/m except I had to learn what corresponded to what button for a few things.

yeah, i guess the builtin controller compatability is kinda shit. pity, really.

'ick on the 'eck

man this game is a little too hard

Attached: fuckthisshit.jpg (1280x800, 170.17K)

>Live in 3rd world shithole
>tfw I'll never get a Steam Deck
Bros...Valve will ship it to my cuntry, right?

Attached: 967b621103d5b40f2806283e2a523c8.png (456x465, 444.28K)

i just tried it now and ehhhhhhh
i might try and add it as an action set so i can better edit wands, but since i've got about a hundred hours with the standard controller stuff i don't think i'll be able to use it
the trackpad is nice and all but using it for fine aiming isn't exactly a fun time

>steam deck

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

I found it really nice, though I had to raise the sensitivity a fair bit, but to each their own.
Sounds like you've done a lot on the steam deck, how does it fare when you add extra worlds or tentacle spam to the mix?

Is gif capture on the deck possible? Funny enough, noita is one of the few games i would want portable, cool to see it on the deck.

Attached: Noita-20220516-185142-1703167343-00019778-3.webm (450x270, 2.76M)

'ick it. 'ick the 'eck.

you start hitting the TDP, i'll say that. runs a little better than my laptop does with a coffeelake CPU.
watching it try and use steam cloud on that save is a little pitiful, too. I'm not sure that the UI for it works correctly.
There is a button that shows up in the pause menu to disable it after your save goes over 100MB, though, and that seems to work.

I can see it, to be fair it buckles after enough bullshit even on my gaming pc with an i7, I think it just has to do with the game itself.

I'm not sure, screenshots are just steam button+r1 or something, though.