Black Desert

So is this game any good?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 69.44K)

Dark Souls but Korean and gay

it's p2w
korean mmo means you will spend hundreds of dollars just to have a reasonably enjoyable experience
t. 1000+ hours in game before I dropped it

If Korean MMOs could nail more than the combat, we might actually see a revival of the genre.

imagine spending time and money to lose progress in an mmo

I keep thinking this as well desu. Korean MMOs are intentionally shit, but if they didn't shit up games by adding p2w garbage they could have dominated the western MMO market by now.

How is it P2W when PVP is equalized?
Nobody plays this for the PVE
BDO is NOT P2W

I’m a very low level. I like the combat, but I wish there were traditional dungeons where I could team up with other people.

The best MMO in the market

There's two dungeons and another one that's been datamined

Guess I’ll stick with the game then.

People only say it's P2W because they strongly believe the more they pay, the stronger they can get, when BDO... no matter how much you pay, you're still gonna lose to RNG.
They play BDO like one of those gacha games, where you can throw 10k and instantly get power, those people are stupid and don't know how to play the game smart.

traditional is a strong word - also most of the content in BDO is pretty niche but you may like it. The best suggestions is just to give everything a try. Plenty of people dont do combat at all for example.

I only play this garbage game because I have a gambling addiction. Enhancing a PEN makes my PEN coom. No other game ever game me this much pleasure and pain.

People call it P2W because the boosts you get from money are invaluable and often times permanent. Hedgehog pet, costumes, camp, value pack, maids, etc. all provide such huge boosts that you feel like you're playing a worse game without them.

I will admit, these days the p2w aspects arent as bad, and they have started to pump out free pets and maids constantly, but it still feels like ass to most people.

>costumes
>maids
>Hedgehog pet
>huge boosts
lol, just lmao

gathering and cooking can push upwards of 1bil silver/hour, just a bit behind grinding endgame spots. Those rates are over halved without VP, cooking costume, and hedgehog.

Costumes that give minor boosts and barely feel like any change (Aside from the Coco set that drastically helps with swimming speed)

Maids (Are they REALLY p2w though? when you can only take at least 1-3 items out of your storage and then go on cooldown?)

Hedgehog pet (LOL just lol, pets are basically given for free these days)

Huge Boosts (A lot of this shit is given to you as log-in rewards, or can be bought off the market for silver)

I know you're talking out of your depth so please read the special effect on the hedgehog pet.

>gathering and cooking can push upwards of 1bil silver/hour
No it can't even be close to that and you know it's full of bullshit. Where the fuck did you read that?
Or do you calculate the profit only when cooking and not the time spent gathering? And ignore the daily turn in cap?

>Aside from the Coco set that drastically helps with swimming speed
They are giving that away for free in the current event.

>They are giving that away for free in the current event.
I saw, I had one long before this event, it really helps out with Vell, nice that they gave it out.

They did compress the gearing curve somewhat with seasons to help close the gap and there's at least a deterministic means of hitting PEN on boss weapons, and it's long past the days of bashing up Reblath armor so enhancement isn't quite as cancerous as it used to be. But P2W issues are still very much a thing and it also sprinkles in free shit that might be notable for player retention.

I got one for my alt along with swimsuit for my alt. Might one day finally reroll from my shit class