Its better than isaac

its better than isaac

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 1.32M)

it's more like a really shitty version of Nuclear Throne for normalfags

nuclear thrones is shit

I've never played Issac or Nuclear Throne but I love Gungeon and 100% it.

Absolutely not

Attached: cool.png (989x201, 146.04K)

I main Pilot.

Yes, his starting weapon sucks and so do the Lockpicks, but finding a decent Gun is easy enough and you can drop the Lockpicks and keep the extra Item slot.

But pilot is one of the best starting ones cause of meme RNG and consistency. Saving keys is nice

Convict a cute!

Attached: vah3a0qwjfrz.png (768x768, 13.97K)

this game unironically has some of my favorite designs even if its just DnD with guns

Attached: file.png (886x892, 955.43K)

I appreciate it a lot more after beating Hades.
>runs feel meaningfully different
>the enemy types require different strategies to overcome
>combat isn't just mashing while spamming dodge
>Progression is mostly skill based instead of stats and w.e
>Actually hard
My main problem with it is how horrible some of the low tier guns are.

>I need a shitty game to enjoy a slightly less shitty game

One of my favourite indie games
I'll forever be butthurt that they took the apple money to make a garbage mobile sequel

The low-tier guns are weird because it's like you end up having some obscenely busted guns in the same tier as some guns that are absolute dogshit. Scrambler (the gun that shoots the eggs which burst into 5 homing bullets upon impact) basically carried me through my first successful run ever, and that's in the same tier as the gun that copies the tear physics from isaac (meaning that if you're moving horizontally, then the bullets fired from that gun end up gaining a bit of horizontal momentum) which is pretty awful in the context of gungeon due to how often you're moving around.

extremely based
that's not really saying much. most things are better than a 2/5 literal Flash game.

least i can use a gun that they give me throughout my run

>play for five minutes to get your first chest
>get super soaker
>play for another three minutes
>no keys, can't open the other chest, saving money for future shops
>fight boss for two minutes with starter gun and piss-damage second gun
>get another shitty gun and a health up
vs.
>hold r until you start next to a treasure room
>get some boring shit
>repeat until you get something that makes room clears more fun for your first item
>now the entire game is going to be fun and snappy
ah yes gungeon is so superior

this

Yep I remember that. I also remember blue chests being worse than brown ones because the brown ones had some genuinely good stuff in them along with the garbage. But yeah the RNG can be REALLY bad in EtG, makes the game pretty exhausting after a point.

fpbp. Nuclear Throne gets better the more skilled you are. Gungeon gets worse.

I love gungeon and think it's great. I don't understand people complaining about rng or getting bad items or whatever. The point of the game and other games like it is you don't always have good shit, it's fun to use a bunch of things to do the best you can and that's the whole appeal of the genre. Even the weakest guns in gungeon are a huge upgrade from the weaker sidearms, and are a big dps increase regardless since you can fire them while you reload your handgun for a big increase in effective firepower. I feel like the people who complain about this are people who don't actually learn the games mechanics from repeated exposure, which is once again the goal of the game.

your odds of beating a run increases based on how many previous runs you did since you unlock more shit
i actually beat the game because i unlocked most of the gear shit that just gives you a free heart canister
compared to throne, the best upgrades you're going to get is a character.
also DPS caps on bosses are retarded in a game about gun diversity. if i get a super plasma cannon in NT, im going to use it to one shot bosses.

>The point of the game and other games like it is you don't always have good shit
The thing I like about Isaac is that it's always within my power to get good shit. There's so many ways to reroll, generate pedestals, get resources from smart play, etc. that (assuming the run had a solid start) it's always my fault when shit goes south.
In Gungeon it takes like five minutes before it's even apparent the run didn't have a solid start.

They're both shit, so not much of an achievement

isaac without the scat fetishism

too many damage sponges

Trying to use a shit gun is fun maybe the first time you've seen it. After that, I'd appreciate knowing whether or not a run is a total waste of my time before that time has already been wasted.

I 100% NT and I still play that game pretty often. After I 100% Gungeon, I had no drive to go back to it. It's really good when you're in it but once you get out of it you just are bored of it.

ur both shit. what have you contributed? besides poop every day.

gungeon is total shit in every sense of the word.
the majority of the guns are fucking boring, and the wacky ones almost universally suck.
and they don't even combine like items do in isaac, it'd be like if you had to switch between technology, spoon bender, and mutant spider instead of having all three at once.