Realistically what went wrong lads?

realistically what went wrong lads?

it had a ton of potential

Attached: animal-crossing-nsw_1_2_1.jpg (908x1483, 414.95K)

woman in charge

What went wrong? All the news I heard tell a different story.

Attached: 98776457.jpg (1223x1523, 119.19K)

content dripfeed took far too long and people had to start going back to work onsite

It was great and this is some crossing cope thread isn't it

Didn't double down on character dialogue and interaction.

Time cheaters.

The devs don't like working on AC, this was just an assignment given to them by higher up. Splatoon is their real passion project. Hence why they abandoned this game with no updates for about a year while also simultaneously announcing Splatoon 3. They rushed through their broccoli to get to the dessert.

I'm still playing it. 2,500 hours in. This is not a shit post. New Leaf was better.

Attached: FVw-1kUXsAAlcV5.jpg (1064x1617, 216.86K)

Nothing. It's the best Animal Crossing game.

what's so bad about it? it's like all the other animal crossings

This is the answer. Nogami gave the series to a woman who turned it from a life sim to a doll house sim while he pursued his true passions which is Squids.

it's one of the highest selling games of all time and spawned a bunch of clones on steam

nothing went wrong

Financially yes. But anybody who's played the series before this entry knows this is a serious letdown. I mean even pocket camp has more content.

It's decent after the big update, but that update should have released a year earlier.

God passed judgement on it for allowing you to wear knee-high socks like a slut.

>I'm still playing it.
why? no hate

Nothing went wrong. COVID hit and people were locked down at home. People who would have taken a couple of years to accomplish what they wanted (due to work/school) did it in a few months.

- why can't it take materials from the storage when crafting?
- why do i have to watch every player arrive?
- why do i have to confirm if i want to craft?
- why can i not craft multiple of the same item at once?
- why can i not make checklists out and about and then make them all when i reach the workbench?
- why does the tool ring not use (hold d-pad up) + (right analogue stick)?
- why does it exit the workbench every time so you have to go back in, wasting like 30 seconds on making an upgraded tool every time
- why does it even load when going into buildings? there really aren't enough items to warrant that
- why do the items required for the diy villager houses not show up in the workbench, or just a note you can take with you?
- why can you not see friends on the map in online?
- why do i have to equip the vaulting pole and the ladder every time i have to cross something? why not just equip them automatically like the legend of zelda for NES
- why can i not split stacks in the inventory?
- why is the wallet limit at 99k bells?
- why is there not a sorting feature for the inventory?
- why do tools take up space in the inventory?
- why does the game run in 30fps? smash runs at 60fps just fine and looks as good
- why is the loading/saving such an integral part of the game? why does it not just happen seamlessly so you can quit at any time, put the console to sleep and all that
- why can I not see if I've donated a particular fish directly in the inventory?

Lack of QOL features have always been an integral part of the animal. Crossing experience. NH is the best in this regard, but there’s always been a disconnect since some people believe the series should be inherently tedious to play.

- why does furniture take years of playing to get
- why do the able sister talk to me every single time i do anything in the store
- why can i only buy one clothing item kind at a time
- why does terraforming suck so bad, just why

>since some people believe the series should be inherently tedious to play
is it not? it's clearly meant to be since they have never fixed some of the issues

not him but i still play it because my mom plays it and we send each other stuff and talk about it

This sums up Nintendo games pretty hard. Its fine, its just like all the other ones in the series since the gamecube.

Nintendo could just start putting that in the back of box reviews. "Its alright!. Totally okay." "You've played it before now try it with a new texture".

I guess I don't blame them, they are keeping a company employed this way, but I do miss the wild days of gaming in the past when each new look to the future had games change majorly.

I mean yeah. Like some people want the ability to just be able to change the terrain from a menu like how you do in the Happy Home DLC.

And the more you implement stuff like that the less the game becomes a life sim and it’s just a dollhouse at that point. Why even have to pull weeds or plant flowers manually? Why not have the option to just water all your plants from a scrolling menu?

some stuff is fine, things that break the flow isn't. i don't wanna waste like 20 seconds in menus to change modes or just have shit load and transition in and out

Animal crossing only had one good game and it was on GameCube, I don't understand why people are shocked when a new one releases and it's shit. They've been doing this same song and dance since the one on ds

bad ost, wimpy flat textures, bland villager interaction.

It isn't just like the GameCube game, you disingenuous faggot. The GameCube game actually banters with you, outright insults you, and that was removed because of mentally ill faggots like you.

Animals are too one note, partially because interesting dialog gets buried under "Hey you did thing" style chats. They also never get mad.
Island editing is a fucking slog. Oh you need to move a building two squares back and 1 right? Enjoy two wasted days!
Not enough neat shops, they literally took the barely used photo island and made it into a fucking swap meet for those shops
The atrocious as fuck online.

the game is unfinished