Can the Switch become number one?

Can the Switch become number one?

Attached: gf.jpg (493x301, 51.48K)

nope, lol
PS2 is KING.
Now and forever.

It'll probably break 120 but there's no way its catching the DS

I think it has a chance to take the crown
Not because it's so great or gets so many games etc but because there are more gamers these days and it just fucking makes sense

PS2 too powerful

It depends on how 2023 will turn out. BOTW2 will push a lot of units.

Doubtful. Switch is already nearing the end of its lifespan. Even if they release a Pro model I don't see it selling past 130m.

If they cut the price and keep selling it in third world shitholes for a decade like the PS2 then maybe. Otherwise I think it'll be somewhere between 120-130m at the end of its lifespan.

Not happening. It's towards the end of its lifespan and still several million off from the PS2. I think the PS2 will remain the top-selling console of the foreseeable future. Chip and component shortages are bogging down the production of new devices, and console sales are slowing down

It would have already been 200m if they allowed media streaming apps on the switch :s

No. It’s gonna peter out suddenly like the Wii because hardware is too weak.

it will definitely break 120.

It doesn't seem like a very Nintendo play to make. But it's possible they just keep rolling with a "Switch Family" of systems and keep producing the lite for cheaper and cheaper over time while also producing a newer thing. I could see that happening for a decade maybe. But more likely after whatever they do next is released they'll stop producing switches a year or so later.

All that said this thing hasn't seen a price drop, or even a bundle deal, yet. They could drop the price 100 bucks and pack in 2 games for a holiday and move 30 million units probably lol. I doubt they care that much about being on that list though. Profits are king and they certainly aren't hurting there.

The fisher price tablet kneels before the dvd player and really that's just embarrassing.

I doubt anything will ever get near as popular as the ps2 or ds. The switch is just a videogame console and a shitty one at that, but when the ps2 came out it was both a dvd player and a videogame console, both highly sought after.

Attached: e19a32ba474a13cdc140c062d29cc9e8.jpg (338x478, 58.46K)

It'll definitely outsell the PS4 and Gameboy/Color, but I'm doubtful it will reach the DS/PS2. Who knows though.

If the stars align like they did for the Game Boy, it's possible, but it's very unlikely, pretty much a miracle. It happened to the Game Boy, but it probably won't happen now.

it will pass both the PS4 and Gameboy by the end of the year.

How the fuck is PS4 so high?

I know you gamers don't have much patience... at least, that's what Bishop, the dude at the video store said.

The Switch is going to be number one. How's that? Short and simple enough for ya?

Attached: Travis Touchdown Bishop.png (1177x587, 617.51K)

N°2 is granted, it is pretty funny it went from no lol to a maybe.

No

Literally why and how did the ps2 sell so much

still being sold in 3rd world countries even after the PS4 got launched