This is up there with Brave Fencer Musashi as being one of the comfiest games ever made...

This is up there with Brave Fencer Musashi as being one of the comfiest games ever made, and I'm tired of pretending Breath of Fire 3 is better.

Attached: 8423_IGDB-272x380.jpg (272x380, 38.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6WdibZ37hdw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they hated op because he told the truth

>but muh dragon gene system!
you only ended up using the most powerful form possible at any given time you faggot
>muh teepo!
fou-lu gets x100 more character development than teepo ever did and doesnt disappear from the story for 90% of the story either
>muh broken op momo build!
a more balanced party is a good thing and gives an incentive to use other characters
garr and teepo being too pathetic to use is a con, not a plus
there's absolutely no reason to use anyone other than momo, ryu, and nina

>there's absolutely no reason to use anyone other than momo, ryu, and nina
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Attached: 1658176044973765.jpg (524x514, 180.14K)

the camera system is my only complaint. It was fine in 3, so I don't know why they made it so janky. Some of the towns are literal mazes due to it.

I almost got filtered by that hide and seek game then we get to hear this motherfucking gem

youtu.be/6WdibZ37hdw

To this day, Fou-lu is one of my favorite arcs in any rpg period. His heel-face-heel turn was so fucking good.

>gotta talk about Final Fantasy, SMT, or Persona if you want a thread to survive on Any Forums

Of course.

Love this game. Still have the copy I bought used from Blockbuster.

>comfiest
>several cases of genocide
>nuclear weapons made from tortured human souls
>Nina's sister being turned into a building sized lump of flesh
>everything about Fou-lu's arc just designed to make sure the light is gone from his eyes completely
>local Josef Mengele getting away with everything

Attached: 1638584371963.png (600x600, 120.82K)

I have replayed this game like 7 times, once using a cheat to just play as fou lu the whole time.
There is some unique dialogue if you talk to the teacher people as him but it is inaccessible without cheating him into being the person walking around.

But user, it's PRETTY.

Attached: 54-Breath_of_Fire_IV_02319.jpg (640x480, 135.49K)

bof4 isn't comfy, 3 was better, and the premise of your thread is shit

>all 6 of your characters perform in battle
>inactive ones are resting in the backrow
>can be swapped in and out at will every turn
This shit was great. I don't get it why so many JRPGs still insist on splitting up your group. Or even worse, having your entire team tag along but forcing an arbitrary limit on you anyway.

I remember some very vintage censorship complaints about this game regarding Ursula, but it's been so long I forgot the details

Where's your wrangler, do they/them know that you are hiding a phone and shitposting on Any Forums?

Typically because the more available characters you have, the harder it is to balance the game. It's fine if its just 3-4 and you can switch freely but having like an entire 6 active party is different. Just using it as an example because it's a recent one that comes to mind, but Xenoblade 3 is arguably the easiest game in the series because of this. 6 active party members makes it so that you absolutely shit on any enemy that isn't like 10-15 levels higher than you.

>I'm tired of pretending Breath of Fire 3 is better.
It is

Attached: ugo.jpg (480x360, 10.27K)

I think that balance in jrpgs is fucking stupid when they're piss easy in spite of its presence. Etrian Odyssey is one of the only series to do difficulty right and you still wreck shit towards the end, so why bother and not let the player wreck shit if they want? Party swapping just makes sense.

The fact back row recovers TP would be even greater if the game had a considerable difficulty
In terms of base mechanics it's among the best turn based jrpgs i've seen. Combo system is amazing, full party availability is incredible too.

BoF3 has better fishing so it wins by default.

>Garr
>Bad
Huh? Nina is bad because her magic was shit.

I felt it made the game too easy, but it did get difficult near the end.

I don't remember the game being hard until the final battle honestly. BoF4 was piss easy, but it was a lot of fun to play.

What's the best way to play this? Emulation?

I played it on my Vita. It looks really good on OLED, so if the Switch has a functional psp emulator, I would go that route. But definitely emulation.

>Comfy
Really? BoFIV's plot is pretty depressing.
PS1. It had a PC port but it's basically just the PS1 version with a shittier font.

Attached: 44221694_p0.jpg (551x800, 228.44K)