Elden Ring biggest issue

The biggest issue of ER is that nearly everything you do feels completely pointless.
>explore world get worthless consumable/crafting items
>clear dungeon get worthless item
>beat miniboss get worthless item
>see item guarded by strong enemies it's a worthless consumable/crafting item
>move around 1000x "acquire worthless crafting item"

Attached: eldenring.jpg (1024x1024, 123.39K)

My man your life is worthless

>finish any game
>literally achieved nothing IRL
WOWWWW EVERYTHING IS SO.... POINTLESS!

Yes. They made the map so large without actually being able to fill it in. Literal amateur open world mistake.

you are a retard

I think the "pointless-ness" comes from the fact that the game is just too long and too convoluted. It sounded awesome when G. R. R. Martin was announced to help with the lore building, but he essentially did the same thing he did with GoT.
Long.
Convoluted.
Redundant at times.

I'm a huge FromSoft-drone, but they really missed the mark on this game. It has all the gameplay mechanics that you want, but it gets muddled up with the drawn out, "intricate" plot line.

Attached: 1453785102665.jpg (542x542, 39.84K)

Your critique applies to all videogames. I don't know if you knew that. There is nothing more pointless than videogames

It gets muddled because of the boring open world with nothing to do in it. Not because of the plot, which no one cares about.

the stuff you get in ER is literally useless in the game you fucking retard

ok but i don't care

Yeah but that's not the thread's topic

That's any game with crafting and collecting. What is your point? Also, crafting is a godsend for low level runs.

>nearly everything you do feels completely pointless
WELCOME TO FUCKING VIDEO GAMES ASSHOLE

Attached: 1370274135299.gif (145x170, 193.23K)

I don't know man movies are really fucking pointless.

Attached: 1311603778372.jpg (323x323, 15.11K)

>>explore world get worthless consumable/crafting items
Consumables and crafting items aren't useless, they just have very specific uses. In fact, they're basically essential in my RL1/+1/+3 runs. The livers are pretty lame but the meats, pots, arrows, perfumes, warming stones, I mean, there's shit I use constantly.
>>clear dungeon get worthless item
Depends on your build.
>>beat miniboss get worthless item
This is just your last point recycled.
>>see item guarded by strong enemies it's a worthless consumable/crafting item
You can tell if it's garbage by the color of the flame. White is just trash items.
>>move around 1000x "acquire worthless crafting item"
Don't pick them up like an autistic child

All consumption media is, but most media is meant to be ran through once and there's a time allotment. Videogames are infinitely longer and thus even a bigger and more pointless time sink.

>constantly find new weapons
>barely any upgrade mats, so you can't use any of them
The upgrade pacing is fucked. Bell bearings should be available much sooner.

Attached: 1659575970495857.jpg (640x692, 46.68K)

I forced myself to use crafting and it helped a lot, but this is still a big problem with the game. They should have expanded NPC questlines and incorporated some sort of journal to keep track of them. I should be saving Boc once in every region, for example.

>You can tell if it's garbage by the color of the flame
>go through cock and ball torture to get purple flame
>Arteria Leaf

Attached: 1658195284235349.jpg (298x292, 40.1K)

I guess that's true if you never try new things in the massive open world game with lots of new things to try.

The problem with consumables in souls is that you're going to get wrecked anyway, wasting them, and once you mastered the fight you don't need them. You get so much consumable shit and would only ever use it on replays.

>finally remember to start a playthrough with the extra cracked pots gift
so fucking great, I can't believe how long I slept on consumables.

Shut up faggot

game's biggest issue is the mass of mindbroken shazamtrannies on suicide watch unable to access mental health resources, these people need help coping with reality

Would anything be lost if it just wasn't an open world game, or had a modest, Twilight Princess sized overworld? Anything at all?
The problem with such huge maps, is you really start to take note of the copy-pasted content. Oh look, it's another pointy rock jutting out of the ground, or another giant tomb stone. When a game has one of those, it's cool. When there's fifty, who gives a shit?

this is true, many of them are too heavy to ambulance after a suicide attempt

Attached: kek.png (704x528, 439.16K)