Should Nintendo just take a break from the Mario Sports games?

Should Nintendo just take a break from the Mario Sports games?

Attached: 1654976880877.png (475x481, 115.68K)

>should nintendo stop making millions of dollars on asset flips with literally no effort put into them because critics say they're imperfect?

how is 7/10 bad

Average spoiled gamefag: IF YOUR GAME ISN'T 95+ THEN IT'S LITERALLY DOGSHIT

The core gameplay is always solid. Pricing them at $60 when they have little content aside from that is the real issue, but they sell million anyway so I don't think they care about the middling critical reception.

Mario golf switch fucking sucked though

They're low effort/cost and despite getting meh reviews they still make a ton of profit because nintendo. It'll never be their mainline title but its worth putting out.

They DID take a break from the Mario Sports games. There wasn't any Golf/Tennis on Wii/DS (besides a Power Tennis port), and Chargers skipped the Wii U. This is their return.

No. Get some irl friends and play locally. Theyre a blast

>Sequels?
Yes
>New Mario Sports games
No

What Nintendo should do is take to heart that it damages their brand to release unfinished games at full price. It's beyond transparent at this point. Free updates shouldn't be things held back from launch that make the game complete, but rather bonus content conceived after finishing a completed game.

>What Nintendo should do is take to heart that it damages their brand to release unfinished games at full price.
They've been doing this since Sunshine

not possible. furthermore if a game is only fun through artificial multiplayer, then it isn't a very good game ultimately.

Yes, please

Sunshine and Wind Waker were released unfinished but it did seem like Nintendo learned their lesson after both were criticized much more heavily than previous entries. But now that games can be patches they've slipped right back into it when it comes to their multiplayer focused games. They don't really get that "keeping the playerbase interested with updates" requires the game to be interesting for more than 2 hours to begin with

Yes please, free up Camelot so they can make an RPG again. Go talk to Sega so they can make another Shining Force.

>multiplayer game is only fun with multiple players, that means it's shit
i mean i havent played these games so they may in fact be shit but this reasoning is nonsense

>Sunshine and Wind Waker were released unfinished but it did seem like Nintendo learned their lesson
Some of THE most barebones Mario Sports games came out during the Wii U/3DS Era (Mario Sports Superstars, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, Mario & Sonic Rio, etc.), and those weren't even supported with future updates.

whats your point? nobody liked or cared about those games. mario tennis ultra smash in particular is constantly shat on by everyone because of how awful it is

that isn't what i said at all

No, because people will buy 'em anyway

>game journalists says its bad
I will now buy your game

my point is that your
>But now that games can be patched they've slipped right back into it when it comes to their multiplayer focused games
argument is bullshit because they're released unfinished sports games in an era where post-launch updates were more than possible and they were STILL barebones. Whatever the reason these games are coming out content-lite is, it's not that.

It more or less came from the success of Splatoon since that was their first major game to have that model. They tried it again with Arms, and then decided all their sports games should do the same thing.

They should spend more time and effort on them, but they won’t because they serve the exact purpose they create them for. Make a very quick sports game with online play and a little bit of single player then slap a $60 price tag on it and watch all the money come in from the millions of people who own your system that either
a.) Are nostalgic for the series
or
b.) Want a game that looks fun to play with friends and family