Game is 10 years old

>game is 10 years old
>still hasn't been a better third person shooter made
>souls-likes are made 50 times a year

where the fuck are my payne-likes?

Attached: mp3.jpg (1920x1080, 1.03M)

There's Rollerdrome, but that's also got a lot of tony hawk skating mechanics in with the third person shooter stuff
Turning on bullet time while doing a flip and shooting someone with a grenade launcher is pretty fun, though

maximum action is fun

I bought that a couple of years ago and there wasn't much to it so I refunded it

what state is it in now?

it's one of those games that could never be duplicated

It's funny how the reception on this game has done a 180. There were people who weren't faggots and appreciated it as it's own game in the series. But the overral reception at the time was
>WAHHHH IT'S NOT NEW YORK AT NIGHT
>WHY IS MAX SO DEPRESSED
>SHITHOLE FAVELAS ARE BORING
>THE SHOOTING IS CLUNKY AND THE BULLET TIME IS A "I WIN" BUTTON
Just like Far Cry 2, a game that people universally wrote off, a few youtubers pick it for "content" and suddenly everyone sings its praises. Funny that

TLOU2

I tried the demo but ended up feeling like I was trying to rub my belly and pat my head

I ended up feeling like a retarded person because it's getting so much love and I want to like it

it's got nice tech in it but the gameplay design is absolute dogshit.
levels are linear corridors peppered with handholding cutscenes. doors lock automatically behind you as you progress. each area is milked for all its worth by having 3 dozen HUES pop up from retarded places, eager to run to their deaths without any self-preservation. every so often the game mixes things up by further removing control from you with a turret or on-rails section.
replaying it is a chore because even if you install the mod that lets you skip the moronic cutscenes (the writing is fucking retarded) you still have to put up with all the 'cinematic' moments where you're forced to walk through the cutscene instead.
it's braindead easy to the point of ridiculousness. every single gun is laser-accurate if you land a headshot, so if you're playing on PC you're just clicking on heads and getting Xs without any kind of tactics involved. the bullets have physics, but they get disabled if it's a headshot, so you never ever have to lead your targets or use your brain.
playing this game is like searching through the dungheap of a dozen horses because one of them swallowed a diamond. it's the creation of a pretentious faggot who thinks he's too hollywood to make a fucking videogame.
the office shootout, the club floor, the hoboken bar, panama, and the airport collectively add up to maybe 30 minutes of actual gameplay. the entire rest of it is filler.
that's not even touching on all the reasons it's a garbage max payne game, a dumbed-down zoomerfied slog missing 2/3s of its features, and a betrayal of everything clever the series had going for it.
what you're really asking is "why hasn't anyone made another mediocre shooter with a high budget and cool euphoria physics?" and answer is that MP3 was a giant flop that killed Rockstar's auteur projects overnight and sentenced us to bloated open world garbage forevermore because that's where the money is.

Attached: max payne 3.gif (345x259, 553.39K)

Steam says I have nearly 90 hours in Max Payne 3, I replay it at least once a year and I've never touched MP
I have 30 hours in FC2 which is more than any other far cry game I own.

I guess I just like what I like without being told

>I guess I just like what I like without being told
It has really good aspects. I loved it and continue to love it. It's sort of similar to MGS4. The cutscene to gameplay ratio is whack but you cannot deny that it's a wild ride full of twists and turns. I don't know why most people wrote it off at the time. Maybe because it was late-gen and people didn't think it was Max Payne. They had a uphill battle and I think they did really well. A lot of it sticks in my head more than any other game ten years later, just like Star Fox 64
>"MAX-FUCKING-PAYNE"
>"Bagdad with g-strings"
>"YOU'RE TURNING HUMANS INTO GLUE"
>the moment the HEALTH song kicks in at the airport
Kino.

>Max-FUCKING-Payne
>how ya doing man?

it's fucking weird how that moment stands out for us both
I have no fucking idea why but I can have not though about max payne in fucking months and for some reason the max fucking payne will pop into my head and thats when I go for my replay

It gets absolutely batshit in some of the later levels where there's five different enemy types each throwing things at you, but the system has a ridiculously high skill ceiling. If you're willing to put in the time to git gud it gets amazing, but I'd understand not wanting to deal with the sensory overload you have to suffer through to get there

it isn't even the sensory overload! I think I'm just getting old, I wanted to do a spin with my trick and ended up shooting my gun
genuinely, I was like I should love this game and I probably would if I could grab, spin and shoot - felt like I was holding down A way too much as well

How is the punisher game compared to max Payne 1? Also are there any other games like 3?

>still hasn't been a better 3rd person shooter made

Play more games

Attached: lf32zvcmhgaytwrwakrb_350x200_1x-0.jpg (350x525, 34.36K)

>ten years

Attached: 1303821088052.jpg (497x518, 21.71K)

you old bastard
REEEEEE I WANT TO GET OFF

lol i thought it was older

>you old bastard
I was 17 when it came out. I specifically remember going to EBGAMES with my gf and staying up till 4am because I loved Max Payne. Now I'm single, piss in gatorade bottles and haven't left the house in two weeks. Game was cash tho

I was(just) 19 at uni, my new flatmates bought it for my birthday - it had only been out for a week

I cried like a bitch because I'd never had real friends before

>I was(just) 19 at uni, my new flatmates bought it for my birthday - it had only been out for a week
That's really wholesome, user.

Attached: 1305250724623.jpg (387x429, 20.34K)

All the Payne-likes came out after The Matrix and MP 1&2. Dead to Rights, Stranglehold, F.E.A.R to an extent.

TPS is too complicated for zoomers' retarded brains.

I know - they could have bought me ride to retribution and I would probably still have teared up

>>souls-likes are made 50 times a year
??????
I know "SOULS BAD" is the flavout of the month Any Forums spergout, but where are all those Souls-likes exactly?