Why do people use something being popular as an argument to why the thing they like and approve of is good(and the only...

Why do people use something being popular as an argument to why the thing they like and approve of is good(and the only reason someone may dislike it), while at the same time deriding or even staight-up ignoring popularity when it's something they are criticizing? I swear I can't remember the last time someone said something non dicksucking about a game without the very first or second comment towards them being that they only said what they did because X thing was/is popular.

Attached: 497.png (381x290, 130.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

People have always done this and it’s because most people are soulless automatons that consume and “enjoy” whatever they are told is the most “enjoyable” by their corporate overlords.

well if 90% of people are saying this media is good then it probably does have some value, a game like COD can be popular and it's clearly doing something right but nobody is saying it's a piece of art & most CODfags have a love-hate relationship with it; you got to look at what the people are actually saying. if everybody is saying eg Sekiro is amazing it's probably for a good reason you can't just say "no this massive unanimous wave of praise means nothing because I personally don't like it"

Let's use an example.
100 people stand in a line and take an eye exam. 99 say they see the number 5, but one says they see the number 6.
What's more likely?
The 99 read it wrong or the 1 has poor eyesight.

There are exceptions to every rule and nothing is ever flawless but if alot of people say something is fun there may just be something fun in there.

it isn't possible to have an honest discussion about this on Any Forums.
Fags will use numbers to say a game is bad or good depending on the narrative they want to push.
I will say that the "...it doesn't mean it's good!" Is used as cope more often than not.

because if you don't like what's popular you are seen as undesirable by most people. depending on how you view most people this could either be a death sentence or true freedom

/thread
midwits are filth

sometimes it honestly doesn't matter how good or bad a game is if you get to play it before someone ruins it for you. and despite what anyone else says, yes, single player games absolutely can be ruined for you by another person, whether intentionally or not

Attached: Carl.png (810x688, 451.52K)

If someone uses that dumbass Kirby picture as an argument, then you've won. There's no arguing with subhumans.
It's a matter of taste, you can't make a comparison about something objective like an eye exam. A food analogy would unironically be better.

You left out how a company spends millions on advertising that says seeing number 5 makes you cool! Woa number 5, see it from the back of the line and get a lolipop! Number 5 is like having your dick sucked!

Dunno why I keep telling people this but they seem to have some form of Stockholm Syndrome.

If you want to discuss anything you go to an alternate chan or reddit.

Any opinion that isn't mine is objectively wrong.

people who use something being popular as an argument to why they hate it are just as bad if not more 2bh

overwhelming popularity is a symptom of why i would dislike a game, not the direct cause of it

some people just don't like overexposure. simple as that

often if a game is popular there is good reason to hate on it
nothing beyond 2005 goes against that rule
is dishonored a bad game? no. but if you suggest them that as a alternative to thief they're going to call you a nigger for suggesting a action game to them and call it shit
if you think skyrim is a bad game chances are you just have bad taste and are used to shitty old games pretending to be a table top game of dungeons and dragons

Never used Reddit but I'm going to start. Maybe. Or something else. Really I'm more interested in discussing why I like games versus why I hate them and this site gets most of its kicks on outrage. Which is exhausting. Not saying I didn't discover some games I really liked her. I've learned to be more critical of the games I play which means I can articulate why I like it dislike games. But I think it's time I look for somewhere else to discuss games

if 99 people say a steak tastes good and 1 says it tastes like shit, which is more likely?
>the steak tastes good, 1 person has shit taste
>the steak doesn't taste good, 99 people have shit taste
Since we're on Any Forums, i'm sure that 99% of anons will choose option 2, which is ironic.

option 2 is just more realistic not to mention most people are blatantly retarded

Because some people like to push claims that supports their narrative, point one flaw and everyone in the thread dogpiles you.

Is it, though? It goes against basic statistics. You're basically saying that you're more likely to be an outlier than not.

As a 4channer I derive my entire personality on being different from the common man. Even when being different goes against basic logic.

Yes.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon's_law

This has very little to do with the analogy but it could also mean the steak that the 1 user got an undercooked steak

Any Forums does the exact opposite because they have a pathological hatred of anything that can be remotely associated with normies.

>My opinion is more valid because a cartoon character is holding a sign with it on it.
Fuck you

Attached: 420ygxxth9m61.jpg (828x609, 45.21K)

Doesn't that mean you're just adopting another community's norms and stereotypes? You're no different from "the common 4channer" then. You're so fixated on being different you end up being the same.