Which one is better, buying games or game subscription services ?

Which one is better, buying games or game subscription services ?

Attached: console_warz.png (1492x1733, 1.02M)

ALWAYS buying.
Don't bite into this shitty "lol ur own nuthing and ya'll be happy!" zoomer meme. Paid subscription shit is the biggest cancer ever to hit software and media industries.

Oldfag here. How does a game subscription service even work? Do they just suck the data right out of your hard drive if you stop paying?

buy?

Attached: 461.png (1392x1563, 1.12M)

mein nigga

Attached: 1646551653539.jpg (500x500, 60.37K)

What's with all the digital versus physical media threads lately? Is something happening that I'm mising?

Game rentals done by third parties so shit games aren't subsidized via subscription services

Attached: jc-denton-deus-ex-5.jpg (210x240, 13.13K)

I prefer both. There’s only 2-3 games that interest me enough to buy in a year, so I’ll buy those. Everything else I only play if it lands on Gamepass. I don’t care about owning games because I rarely replay shit, and honestly Gamepass is just too good of a deal. I might jump ship when the sub innevitably rises in price to meet the amount I would spend in a year if I were to pay for the games I play anyways.

Oh and I tried cloud gaming recently, and if you’re on a good wifi connection it’s amazingly good. Really surprised by that desu.

>suck the data out of the hard drive
Not only old but also retarded. Gamepass games have a license and if you don’t connect to the internet in X days you can launch them anymore.

It's probably just another wave of trying to undermine the concept of software ownership so that people too stupid to realize it doesn't matter what media you have it on will create public precedent that "You can't own a software only license it"

It works through an online DRM licence check, it won't uninstall the game if the subscription expires. So basically it's the same as buying digital, which you can still do with a discount if you have gamepass. These hate threads are just snoy and tendie damage control to justify paying 60+ all the time with no options.

Most of them are done in the way Sony did PS3/PSP games where ALL software is stamped with a license and suicide code. This being used at the time to track PS+ games and movie/song rentals

subscriptions are fucking gay because shit comes and goes all the time due to deals and licensing
i'm never doing it until forced

none, gamespass sucks shit for the same reason netflix does. Doesn't have all the games, and they will removed them anytime

depends how much you play desu

If a game you enjoy on Gamepass was to go away they allow you to buy it at 25% discount (maybe more maybe less, not quite sure) for a while AFTER it has left the service. While it’s on Gamepass you can also buy it on a discount. Shitty excuse made up by butthurt snoys and steamdrones

You have to log into their server to activate the game each time. It's not nearly as reliable as Steam but it has popular games that I would never buy at full price so w/e

Attached: holy.png (1920x1080, 2.22M)

Also it has games that I can play that I wouldn't even buy them on sale.
ex. Octopath Traveler

It came out that 80% of Playstation purchases were digital last year and over 50% of Switch purchases were digital too. The Switch one is important because it means we've passed the point of no return where digital sales now always exceed physical sales on every platform. Meaning physical buyers are now the minority and when it costs companies more to release physical games, it means they'll axe physical completely by next gen unless there's a drastic turnaround so physicalfags want people to buy physical to prevent everything from being digital only in the future.

>they removed hades for these games

Buy the game, or pirate it.
Gamepass is a glorified rental service, and is Microsoft once again trying to fuck over the entire industry.

>glorified rental service

But rentals were awesome. What’s the problem with them allowing me to rent as many games as I want (that I wouldn’t buy 90% of the time) for the price of 2 rentals? And at the same time guaranteeing that first party titles will always be available for me to play day one.

Honestly you people are retards of the highest order.

>once again
what were the other times

Gamepass is honestly worse than rentals considering that it would potentially lead to the industry getting aids like Cable TV since the people running the repository are also the people that own the content.

You get this message when the servers go offline or your subscription runs out. I already dealt with it once.

Attached: rip.png (677x158, 7.57K)

Buying games as a service is retarded. Games as a service is even more retarded. Game development as a service is based.

Also stay the fuck away from games that revolve around online. They either die or they turn jewish after living 2 years and because the networks are private they'll hold your gameplay experience hostage.