Elden Ring

I avoided Elden Ring on launch because big, long games require more time than usual for people to actually play them enough to give accurate opinions and marketers work their hardest during launch.
So, how it is? Is it good? Is it worth playing? I got in the mood to play it but I want to know if it is worth my time.

Attached: elden-ring.jpg (2879x1920, 838.79K)

its essentially just more dark souls, if you want that then get it

Dark souls 3 but without the SOVL and content that made it great

Ubisoftware dressed up in reused assets. Avoid at all costs

>So, how it is?
GOOD MORNING SIRS!

this, its like all souls games, good for a hundred or two hours but it will leave you feeling like they could have done so much better.
>DS3
>SOVL
nigger

It's shit. Basically Dark Souls on a horse with all the flaws open world games have; gameplay-wise a HUGE downgrade from Sekiro.

Not even worth pirating.

7/10. Instead of attempting anything at all unique it's just more Dark Souls. If that's what you want then go for it. The only genuinely good thing about the game is the visuals of some of the areas. Other than that it's just more copy pasted Dark Souls down to nearly every aspect, even the story.

Its something between a Monster Hunter and Breath of the Wild, but obviously it relies on the Havoc engine and the souls-bourne combat structure.

Boss battles have seemingly scaled closer to Monster Hunter than any prior of the Souls titles, in terms attack patterns and combo strings. And it kind of sucks, and seems like lazy design. The game also features the hardest boss in all of souls, whose intentional difficulty is established by the inclusion of a single move.

The guy who was supposed to balance the game finally showed up for work just last week. So after months and months and months, most of the really dumb stuff has been fixed.

Magic/Miracles/Pyromancy/spellcasting in general are the best they've ever been in the series. Although theres a wide variety of useless spell reskins that are pretty redundant. Not really at all different from combing through weapons in your inventory though, really.

If you're someone who bothers to read item descriptions: Lore doesn't make an ounce of sense in this game, and I mean way less than normal. The game features these weird needlessly derivative snippets of Dark Souls fluff, that probably tell us more about Dark Soul's lore than it does about this game's own lore. Which, if I'm honest, I'm having increasing trouble giving a single fuck about. At this point, after dealing with floods of crazy Ranni simps on here that can't shut up about their four-armed blue wooden sex puppet from the moon, and seemingly endless string of non-sensical and deliberate contradictions in game, to make it sound spooky and deep, I've kind of had it.

If you are unsure about a game purchase, wait until it's on sale.

10/10 game

Attached: 1637268517475.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

just play it yourself and see

>somehow phases through spear attack completely by jumping
Wow, so much fun

>retards complain about undodgeable attacks
>also complains about dodgeable attacks

Attached: 1650079473903.jpg (667x967, 525.49K)

>Short version
It's open-world Dark Souls
>Long-ish version
It's only open-world to give the player more freedom to choose when and if they do typical Dark Souls content, and doesn't actually make any attempt at creating an actual world. There are no wandering NPCs, no farmland, no towns and cities full of people, no sense of dynamism whatsoever.
So when others and I call it "open-world Dark Souls" I don't mean you get to explore the world of Dark Souls and do all the things you couldn't in those games, I LITERALLY mean it's just Dark Souls again but now less linear.
However, for as disappointing as that may sound it's still technically an improvement over Souls in that regard and it bolsters replay-ability quite a bit.
>So that's it? It's just Dark Souls with more content that I can now interface with however I choose? Sounds great!
Not quite. The VAST MAJORITY of the content is Bloodborne chalice dungeon tier copy-pasted crap, and the game only really has as much high quality content as the other souls games despite it's dwarfing the amount of content those games have in general. So in practice the cool and mysterious open-world that isn't even really a world and only exists to let you interface with Souls content non-linearly also doesn't even contain high quality Souls content... So in conclusion
>is it worth playing?
Depends on how tired you are of Dark Souls because at the end of the day that's all Elden Ring is. It didn't do anything to revitalize the genre and isn't a step up in quality. It's more of the same but now with more replay-ability which is redundant for OG fans that have been sick of this shit for years.

Attached: 2022-03-06 15_55_11-ELDEN RING Digital Artbook & Soundtrack.png (1920x1080, 1.38M)

>R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1
>O O O O O O O O

No thanks

Any Forums is full of faggot contrarians who will unironically stop liking something if it becomes popular, you will get no other honest replies

Hello was this not an honest reply you fanboy faggot? I'm not a discord tranny, I've played and beaten ER many times.

Attached: Screenshot_30.png (2938x737, 892.27K)

same old shit, the world is dying, you're an immortal dude, you have to kill the big baddies, you become the lord of whatever, the end.

if you like that stuff then you'll have a blast, if you expected something new you're gonna be really fucking disappointed.

No, now tongue my anus.

Nah I'd rather gape your bussy

Very well.