CO LA BO RA TION

CO LA BO RA TION

Attached: jacob-larsson-jacob-larsson-hakim-thumbnail.jpg (512x512, 82.23K)

My ex girlfriend made me play this with her, then a week later she broke up with me, fucked a guy from Massachusetts, and then slit her wrists

:O

CO LA BO RA TION

The part where you torture that elephant is the most traumatizing gaming experience I've ever had.
WHY THE FUCK DID THEY MADE ME DO IT

The parents were selfish dicks.

>Game about importance of marriage and the nuclear family filters journos from broken homes

This was an unbelievably based game

It still hurts bros... cutie...

>I almost turned it off. Genuinely, after 10 minutes, I'd had enough. A story about a girl's divorcing parents who are magically shrunk so they can go on an adventure together, and in doing so work out their differences and get back together? Do me a favour. People divorce and families move on. It's a normal part of life and shouldn't be construed as anything but. Are children supposed to play this and believe their parents could have rescued their relationship? Are divorced parents supposed to play it and feel bad? It's a dangerous idea to play with and I wish It Takes Two hadn't.
-Eurogamer

>Unfortunately, although the game is a joyful, chatty experience to play, the story is mawkish, unsubtle and deeply problematic. At the beginning, a series of cutscenes tell us the parents have amicably decided to divorce, but we’re not told why or how. We only know it makes their daughter sad, so the adventure to restore their relationship feels manipulative. We’re seemingly being told that no matter how dysfunctional a marriage may be, it must be saved to prevent psychological harm to the child.
-The Guardian

>It is an absolute delight to play through its chunky dozen or so hours. All of which are filled with ever-shifting invention. The tale it spins is rather less successful, however. Its concept is problematic in and of itself, with the inherent and simplistic suggestion that struggling relationships can be salvaged just by, you know, working together and that.
-The Telegraph

>Their confusion is redoubled when they are confronted by a mustachioed book who pops onto the scene and, as a Latin guitar theme trills in the background, introduces himself as Dr. Hakim, “worldwide best seller, and expert on love!” Dr. Hakim’s over-the-top affect and taste for cliched wisdom calls to mind the heavy-handed, lamentable ways minorities have too long been portrayed in popular media.
-Washington Post

You completely missed the point of the game so hard that I have to assume this is bait and that I fell for it.

kek are these real?

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CAN'T ADVOCATE FOR WORKING THINGS OUT WITH YOUR SPOUSE FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR CHILDREN YOU **NEED** TO GET DIVORCED AND DESTROY THE NUCLEAR FAMILY

nuclear family is cringe
extended family is based

This game is boring as fuck

Sounds like you dodged a bullet

kill yourself spicger

I've checked all of them except the one from The Telegraph because their articles are behind a paywall (kek), the rest are 100% true. Fares is based.

The book is sangres from payday 2

Wasn't this the game that stole a lot of goty titles away from Hades despite no one having played it at that point besides journos?

user. I know your parents divorce was hard on you. But a video game fantasy where you can save their marriage through magical therapy an accurate representation of reality. Most divorces don't come from one singular moment but are an accumulation of dozens of events, emotions, and differences catalyzed by one final staw.

Also, the ending absolutely does not confirm that they can get back together. They might very well, but the main point of it is that the parents talk to their daughter to make it clear that she's not the cause of their damaged relationship.

>female is breadwinner
>male is househusband

That is kind of odd.

stay mad, this game was literally made by a middle easterner with an extended family
and no, i'm not a n*w-worlder

Look at you and how you react to people with opinions different than yours. And you want people who don't like each other to decide to stay together forever ok because "just do it ok??" ?

raised swedish after migrating with just his immediate family. Fares clearly has the traditional nuclear family ingrained in him, and that should be immediately apparent since he directed brothers: a tale of two sons

>Are children supposed to play this and believe their parents could have rescued their relationship? Are divorced parents supposed to play it and feel bad? It's a dangerous idea to play with and I wish It Takes Two hadn't.
These people are such fucking subhumans
>WAAAH THIS GAME DOESNT KOWTOW TO MY VIEW OF THE WORLD
>THATS DANGEROUS
play the game, if you didn't enjoy it move on with your life, the devs aren't waiting outside your door to hack you to pieces if you don't agree with them.

user. This isn't a nuclear family you fucking retard. Nuclear families don't have the mother as the primary breadwinner and the father as the househusband.

There is a lot of irony in your post and I hope you can see it now that I've pointed it out to you.

>I'm not a spic I just coincidentally love spic culture
sure thing Carlos Pablo Garcia Iglesias

you clearly don't understand the sentiment you're replying too, and it seems you're missing the forest for the trees. now tongue my anus.