It filtered millions

>Why would a 22nd-century space marine be sent into action in a darkly lit area without night vision goggles of some sort, or even a helmet? Why wouldn't any of his weapons have light-amplification modules built into them when even today's weapons frequently do? Why, instead, is he stuck carrying around a very weak flashlight with unlimited battery life? Why is he unable to hold a gun and the flashlight at the same time?
>t. Greg Kasavin, Gamespot

Attached: Doom3box.jpg (220x274, 25.53K)

>attach flashlight to gun
>doom 3 cumbaby gets aneurysm, sad!

because it was the last doom made by classic ID

Attached: 1448384958892.jpg (850x400, 45.66K)

Because it looks awesome, that's why.

Attached: orange.jpg (2560x1024, 483.59K)

Carmack wanted to make a very scary game and the hack figured that limiting player vision was core to that.

Why are you seething over a 20 year old video game, user?

Except for the human character models, Doom 3 looks better. The environments in Doom 3 are much more detailed and the use of lighting and shadows is far superior to Riddick.

Kasavin later made Red Alert 3. Why did he put bear infantry in it?

The flashlight is objectively better than the BFG edition version. All monsters except the headless zombie emit light (from the eyes, flames or projectiles). Most of the set dressing has guiding lights. The only pitch black environments are those where a robot, a device or a dude with a light guide you, and there are no bullshit enemies there.

Also it's pretty funny when you're startled and hit the monster with the flashlight instead of switching to the weapon.

It's interesting to read his review now. He really enjoyed the Half-Life style intro and wanted more character interaction in the game. His criticisms with the gameplay largely centered on it being too similar to the classic Doom games. Nowadays, you see people criticizing it for being too dissimilar to the classic games.

Attached: 20220816080656_1.jpg (1920x1080, 117.64K)

Attached: fire.jpg (1920x1080, 489.66K)

Wow. A close up shot of a small physics prop. You sure showed me!

ye. doom 3 generally looks like shit outside of the lighting and bump mapping. the models are very low poly and the textures generally look like shit.

Attached: toilet.jpg (1920x1080, 263.01K)

Attached: 20220816080305_1.jpg (1920x1080, 108.56K)

Still not convicing. Got any more?

Not direct comparisons, but I have plenty of screenshots.

Attached: legs.jpg (1920x1080, 493.5K)

I actually enjoyed Doom3, but it's still the worst of the mainline entries. I can't think of a single other Doom game that I would put above it
>in b4 contrarians say 2016 and Eternal

Attached: mech.jpg (1920x1080, 526.63K)

Doom 3 is the only good Doom game

It's right near the end of the game, user.

Attached: cryo.jpg (1920x1080, 586.12K)

I didn't know you could use the mech in the PC port. Only played the original Xbox version.

Yeah didn't play that version. Looked it up before deleting my post.

The PC version does actually have an extra mech section, but I'm pretty sure this part was in both.

Doom 3 literally pioneered the use of exposition dumps in the form of audio logs and has been widely use in story-focused games since