Is there any game similar to this? I just can’t find anything else

Is there any game similar to this? I just can’t find anything else.

>comfy as fuck solo survival + hunting/fishing + crafting
>tense as fuck because other players and zeds everywhere
>fun to mess around in if you find other cool survivors
>amazing aesthetic and setting

Attached: E60DD0E3-F611-41A4-8B44-879142B373F6.jpg (1018x1013, 286.98K)

Among currently popular ones, probably only tarkov.

I don’t fully understand the concept of Tarkov but I’ve heard it’s P2W.

What is it exactly? Some kind of BR? Or is there survival mechanics like in DayZ? Is there PVE content too or is it PVP only?

Dayz is probably the most boring game ever made.

>Spawn into a dull, lifeless map getting chased around by janky, glitchy zombies that teleport all over the place
>Spend hours looking for shit only to get immediately shot in the distance by some no lifer who’s been playing the game since release

Plenty of games. Day Z is fine, but there are both better survival games and better tactical shooters. It tries to do both and excels at neither. If you want the same map, just play ARMA 2. If you want better gunplay and loot mechanics play Tarkov. If you want better base building play literally any other survival game. If you want more zombies to fight play 7 Days to Die.

There are different versions of Tarkov you can buy that give you more stash space and start you off with some weapons. The weapons usually suck or need modifications anyway. And they're gone if you lose them anyway. So early on in a wipe you might have an advantage but it doesn't mean much. I wouldn't call it P2W personally.
It's not a BR and isn't as much of a survival game as DayZ. You have a stash in the menu with all your stuff and you can equip it to your character. You take that stuff into a 20-50 minute raid with 5-12 other players and need to get out before the timer is up. Whatever you're carrying before you leave you take back with you to your stash in the menu.
I played DayZ after Tarkov and I don't prefer one or the other because they are very different games. DayZ is more hardcore in some aspects but less in others than Tarkov. You start from absolute scratch when you die in DayZ unless you had a base or buried shit, but Tarkov you'll still keep stash stuff.

It sounds like you’re just bad at the game. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been playing the game. It gives you literally no advantage. Most people who are geared up are deep north on the map anyways. If you get killed on the coast, chances are it’s some other fresh spawn with nothing but maybe an axe or a baseball bat if they’re lucky.

7 Days to Die is alright, but it's more like Minecraft with zombies, which is fine if that's what you want. It's still fun building bases with friends. What I like about DayZ personally is that the crafting system is shitty so you still have to actually find most things. 7 Days just turns into farming resources and then just making infinity bullets.

You and a bunch of morons spawn scattered on relatively large map, you need to gather stuff, do quests and get the fuck out from one of the exits, things are kept between matches and can be stored and sold to other players in mmo style.
You are essentially forced to play pvp but there are pve things like bots, bosses and said quests.
More expensive versions of the game give you stronger gear at start and more stash space, but it's not really p2w as you'll get fucked anyway.

>It sounds like you’re just bad at the game

Success in Dayz is literally all about metagaming and memorisation. It’s not something you can really be “good” or “bad” at.

As the guy above describes you can very much buy yourself a bit of progress, but it isn't exactly P2W. Problem with it is largely that while the first few weeks of any wipe are fun, with a vast majority of active people doing whatever they can to get buy, using whatever shit ammo or weird combos they can get their greedy mits on, it very quickly devolves into 1-2 shot kill meta bullshit. The time to kill is decreased to absurdity, gameplay revolves around spamming grenades and pre-firing and praying you're not playing against cheaters. And to add to it, wipes are on average 6-10 months between.

here. this is the discussion of the game that will be repeated in the thread ad naseum. this is the only thing that will be said, ultimately.

Started playing DayZ recently. My cousin did too then suggested it. Once it hits you that you're basically doing a "run" instead of building a character up more and more, it clicks and it's a lot of fun. I try my hardest to live but I jsut shrug off dying and start another character with a roguelike attitude. We've been trying to get other friends into it too, but that aspect has filtered them. They rage every time they die and aren't satisfied unless there's evidence of them progressing.
It's why I say the game is more filtering than Tarkov. At least Tarkov has a leveling system, hideout, and a stash to show proof of progression for them.
We've only played vanilla so far but we're probably going to want to go into modded servers eventually. What are usually considered the best? Rearmed changes too much from what I've seen, though if in the future we have 1000+ hours in the game, maybe we would want that.

That's really the sad part about Tarkov, as amazing of a game is. The wipes were just meant for early access, but it's just going to have to adopt a seasonal system like a F2P game if it wants to stay relevant.
Late wipe is frustrating for new players, and boring for the geared players. This isn't really a problem with DayZ since your character just feels temporary anyway.

I understand why you like it (which is what I did for a few months, too) but the ability to create permanent bases, and all the faggotry that goes with it, is the cancer that ruined the subtle balance of the game. In addition, the developers are incompetent as a few, unable to fix old bugs and balancing things based on how much the e-celebs cry, giving a damn about what's really important. Enjoy your honeymoon, hoping it lasts as long as possible, because then you will realize the limitations of the game and how it is always one step away from being excellent and two steps away from being mediocre

Attached: uh.webm (854x854, 725.6K)

7 Days To Die, maybe?
PvP multiplayer servers can get pretty nasty with randos, but if it's a buncha buddies fighting each other (or generally cool people) it can be a good time.
Cooperative servers (no PvP) can be a great time, too; some decent variety between peeps who want to go out and do missions / ransack buildings and those who just want to putter around the base and keep things organized and moving forward.

What do you mean by permanent bases? I've been playing it like a month and every time we build a base, it just gets raided. Every time I find a base, someone already blew out a wall and raided it.
Also looking at the custom server menu, it seems like there are plenty of no base building servers.

There should be a DayZ 2. I haven't been playing it long, maybe not enough to get bored or hate it. But no other survival game I've played feels like this game.

>tense as fuck because other players and zeds everywhere
Lol. The rubber banding zombies that phase through walls and the players that pull similar shenanigans due to how abysmal the netcode is?

DayZ mod was better. Same janky shit but at least you didn't need to pay for it.

DayZ is still popular enough that you can kinda find a server that tunes the game how you like. I think we take that for granted. For example, portal in Battlefield pretty much completely failed because no one is playing that shit game.
It's probably the last community driven multiplayer game we'll ever see.

the rubber banding got fixed a while ago. Problem with dayz now for me is that they never added back the same zombie numbers that dayz mod had. Unless you go to the airfield and start shooting into the sky you're only gonna deal with 3 zombies max at any location. Like i'm not saying small villages should be swarmed but even cherno can be fucking empty sometimes