Have you ever played the trial version of a game for a substantial amount of time instead of buying the full game?

Have you ever played the trial version of a game for a substantial amount of time instead of buying the full game?

Attached: file.png (424x320, 30.3K)

back in the age of ps1 demo disks this was really common
that's how i mastered the skateboarding minigame without ever having played retail spyro 4

Yes. Back when xbox magazine sent out demo discs I probably put hundreds of hours into some of them. Same with the fusion frenzy demo that came on halo 1.

I played the demo for Jedi Outcast for probably 40-50 hours until my older brother pirated it for me.

Yes. For example, Heroes of Might and Magic 3: I noticed that you could play scenarios other than the one included in the demo (Dead and Buried) by replacing the map file and then going to a save game and using restart scenario option (if you tried to simply start a new game, the game would check if the Dead and Buried map had changed). You could even play towns not included in the demo.

Of course, I did eventually by HoMM3 and played it for 500h++ since.

Attached: 9s917z3ig4i41.jpg (922x973, 120.38K)

What was even in the demo? The first few levels are completely non-representative of the jedi part, and the first actual jedi level is just trolling the player with all the snipers.

I played the demo of Gitaroo Man on my PS2 probably 50 times and loved it but I never once saw a copy of it anywhere and have still never played the full game.

Straight and fake none of these events happen at all

I recently spent something like 14 hours on the terra invicta demo but that's only because they haven't released the full game yet.
And as a kid I spend probably close to 50 hours playing tekken 2&3 demos on ps1.

Einhänder demo. Didn't play full game until way later.

Attached: 51+rH1yZXuL.jpg (500x495, 42.82K)

Not that user but the demo level for Outcast I played is something that doesn't appear in the actual campaign at all. But it was still the same level of quality. I'm not sure if there's more than 1 demo for it.

I played so much Doom shareware back in the day that I sometimes forget some of the new demon positions on the map

that demo was cool as shit, came with my PS1. there was a Tomba demo on there too that I loved. still have never played the full versions of either.

I got a 14 day trial of DAoC through some game magazine when I was 12 or so, it was the first MMO I ever played and it absolutely blew my mind
we only got real internet very recently so my parents were sceptical and didnt buy me a monthly subscription so I played through probably 5 to 10 additional 14 day trials after that, always starting fresh
as a result I have leveled almost every class in the game to level 20 or 30 but never played beyond that
when I could just buy the subscription myself DAoC was dying and WoW was at its peak so I played that instead

Battlefield 2

I actually don't remember if the demo level is in the final game or not. But it ends with you fighting a Sith in a hangar bay. You could use the console commands to summon enemies or switch to a few other empty levels.

Attached: full20040610141904.jpg (700x525, 102.75K)

I played the tutorial for Mafia for many hours as a kid since I knew very little english and that was the first option on the menu.

I spent way too much time dicking around in the Dark Messiah demo. It was fun spawning different enemies and watching them fight each other. And creating corpse towers.
Of course this was like 15 years ago. How time flies!

Attached: orc tower.jpg (1680x1050, 230.87K)

UT2k4 had a great demo that included online. There were populated demo servers just playing ONS-Torlan long into the games life.

The demo for the first puyo puyo tetris was good for that too if you just wanted a free option for some basic tetris, before they took it down.

Has there ever been a demo that's legitimately better than the full version of the game?

I played the demo of Dead Rising so much that when I rented the full game I started it up and didn't even want to play it

Attached: Capture.jpg (881x881, 136.59K)