What made FF XII so good?

What made FF XII so good?

Attached: 1647303822983.png (1920x1279, 3.99M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KreCsxi-nwc
famitsu.com/news/202208/17272199.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wasn't
Stop thinking it wasn't bad because 13 and 15 were even worse

Unironically vibes. Most things about it like the combat and story are just "alright", but that world is immersive as FUCK and all the character designs are so unique and interesting that you wanna keep playing just to see all the stuff in the game. That and gambits and the license board were both really deep and fun to tinker with. Plus Fran's FUCKING accent makes me hard as fuck I can barely stand it god almighty.

Attached: fran-final-fantasy12[1].gif (490x640, 1.31M)

It was enjoyable but ill always be disappointed how short the story comes up. I don't even find van and penelo annoying at all, it's just easy to see how they don't really fit in

Nothing. It was barely above average.

It filtered millions, just the same with 8.

well its unique. Not good but it is unique I guess. It's where FF died.

I am playing FF8 right now with
>initial level, no level up
>no Quezacotl GF (meaning no Card ability)
>no leveling GFs
>AP can only be obtained during boss fights
>for any unavoidable non-fight, GF must be unequipped
>only 1 GF per character allowed; can switch them any time but only 1 can be on a character at the time
Basically low level run with few more things. Can you give me an idea for FF12 run, I plan on replaying that. I forgot, can you get licence points and not EXP, so that you do low level run but with some things unlocked on the board?

it needed 2 remasters to even become playable lol

it's a stillborn piece of shit of a game that should just have been cancelled the moment matsuno fell ill.

All you fags should watch this hour long retrospective on Matsuno and the Ivalice games.
youtube.com/watch?v=KreCsxi-nwc

Attached: 1657013689967.jpg (553x795, 205.64K)

Vieras.

Attached: fran9.png (781x559, 411.27K)

No. Matsuno is a hack and I'm glad Ivalice is dead. Stupid setting with the worst dumbfuck toponymy ever

wrong and gay

remake with no van and penelo when?

Reposting this because it's relevant.

New Famitsu interview with Matsuno and other staff members reveal more info on the game
>Yasumi Matsuno confirmed to be heavily involved in development
>No new characters or scenarios
>New levelling system makes it so units that are comparatively lower level compared to your other units level up faster
>New consumable items such as one that grants more experience
>Confirmation that the goal was to make Reborn closer to the original than the PSP version
>310,000 characters of voiced dialogue
>JP voice cast picked by Matsuno
>New music for specific cutscenes composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto
>Newly designed from scratch more complex AI on the enemy units
>"Double Speed Mode" allows you to speed up the flow of battle
famitsu.com/news/202208/17272199.html
There are also parting words from Matsuno here that seem to imply that he wants this to sell well so he can finally make a sequel.

Also, seems like the FF12 TZA Producer and Director are also helming the Tactics Ogre Remaster and since Mastuno is on board as well along with some other Ivalice veterans like 16's Minigawa as a supervisor, I'm guessing they're also gonna be working on the FFT Remaster. Looks like SE is bringing back the Ivalice team!

Attached: 1660778268160.png (1280x720, 1.56M)

Nothing. Its literally the worst numbered FF title

everythingvdka4m

t. amerimutt

bunny butts

you seem to be under the impression that them coming together for TO means a chance for them to work on a new final fantasy game. Don't be mistaken, Matsuno left square enix 20 years ago. Akihiko Yoshida left Square Enix 25 years ago. Sakimoto doesn't work for Square anymore. Minagawa mostly scratches his ass.

>you seem to be under the impression that them coming together for TO means a chance for them to work on a new final fantasy game.
If their remasters sell well and if there is interest then yes. They're not selling the TO remaster for $20. And Mastuno has been working for SE since Stormblood in 2017, Akihiko continues to do work for SE like Nier, War of the Visions and FFXIV and Sakimoto is back for TO, not to mention Minagawa is Art Director of FF16 and Naoki Yoshida is a huge Matsunofag.

That, my friend, is hope. Not a lot, but it's there.

Attached: 1660706203166457.jpg (1920x1080, 317.24K)

>They're not selling the TO remaster for $20
which is why it'll fail
>And Mastuno has been working for SE since Stormblood in 2017
gross mis-characterization of what's actually happened. Matsuno was a contractor (important distinction) to write side-scenarios for FF14 raids. Akihiko Yoshida is equally a contractor, same for Sakimoto. They're not Square's employees.

If it fails, then it won't go anywhere. If it doesn't, then that's something. And yea, they're not Square employees. But they're working for Square and that means they're interested in doing more work for Square. I dunno about you, but that's something.