Pikmin 4 destroyed by Nintendo Warehouse Fire

>ALMOST COMPLETE in 2015
>DEAD AND NEVER COMING OUT in 2022
I want to kill myself

Attached: burned dreams.png (743x742, 666.31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

essentiallysports.com/esports-news-dangerous-fire-incident-at-nintendos-headquarters-dampens-an-ambitious-new-games-timeline/
github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-Persia-Apple-II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no fucking way
I'm looking this up

essentiallysports.com/esports-news-dangerous-fire-incident-at-nintendos-headquarters-dampens-an-ambitious-new-games-timeline/
god dammit its real

>Absolutely no evidence or source
>Thinking one singular copy is how fucking gamedsv works
Why do mutts enjoy being over reactionary and enraged over nothing
Your brain is rotted beyond repair

You think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

I don't buy this for a second, no way anything they make isn't backed up in a dozen places

>not using source control
japan does not deserve computers

>they were too busy posting on Any Forums about how bad romhacks are to back up their game

They keep saying it's unconfirmed. No one has game files in one location or not cloud backed up at this point it's basic disaster recovery practices 2 3 backups, 1 offsite.

>Thinking one singular copy is how fucking gamedsv works
I mean, we have CONSTANT cases of old games's source code vanishing into thin air, so it's not entirely unbelievable

>multi-billion dollar software company
>can't safely backup their code
lol
lmao

Not him. Yeah, old games' source code, not new ones.

gamedevs are fucking retarded and hackertrannies are autistically motivated to find online backups

i would say this is fake, but this is nintendo we're talking about
they are definitely this retarded

>china claims

fake

>essentially sports
Literally who?

GX2 was also among the items
RIP.

Attached: 1644929062977.png (250x355, 231.21K)

Why the hell didn’t they send a group of red pikmin to retrieve it???

>a sports website article
>A small fire killing an entire game
>Not saving backup copies
You don't ACTUALLY believe this trite, do you?

japs are retards when it comes to tech and fire safety

Attached: 1563571055288.jpg (1224x686, 52.09K)

>Square-Enix admitting they would routinely delete source code and assets for their old games to make space for new projects
>This resulted in, among other things, them having to basically code Kingdom Hearts from scratch for the HD re-release
>Team Ninja constantly shilling Ninja Gaiden Sigma because the code for Black is long gone
>CD fucking Project red completely losing the source code for the PC port Saints Row 2 dooming it to be a piece of shit forever

If Dylan Cuthbert is to be believed, Nintendo is actually one of the better companies out there when it comes to code preservation, especially when it comes to Japanese companies who seem to have a standard of simply wiping their hard drives after a game is done. Thats why Nintendo could pull Star Fox 2 out of their asses 24 years later and why Square-Enix made the Trials of Mana port exclusive to the Switch; Nintendo had a backup of the source code Square had sent them when the game was first supposed to be approved and printed, and they needed it inject the new translation into.

Attached: dk_.png (469x469, 175.13K)

Nintendo was already saving source code when most devs were still binning it, they lost a week at most if anything

FF8 Remaster being a great example
>Cid isn't a 3D model but part of the background
>They lost the original background files long ago
>So they used AI to upscale the background picture

Attached: 5148ajwwrek31.jpg (4032x1960, 1.36M)

>why Square-Enix made the Trials of Mana port exclusive to the Switch; Nintendo had a backup of the source code Square had sent them when the game was first supposed to be approved and printed
Reminder that Square Enix NEVER specified any title in the Game Informer interview. Not only that, they said "games", in plural.

Not Sega and Konami

Yeah, and somehow it was Nintendo that found a copy of said source code in their archives. Their archive is probably the most secure out of any of the major video game companies.

All according to my plan

This is a verified list of video games whose source code was lost at least temporarily by the copyright holder. If anyone wants sources that verify that the source code for a particular game was lost, feel free to ask.

Almost one-hundred games from Atari Corporation.
Most old Konami, Sega and Square Enix games.

Autoduel (1985).
Ambermoon (1993).
Ben Jordan: Paranormal Investigator (2004-2012).
BioShock (2007).
Blade Runner (1997).
Blake Stone: Planet Strike (1994).
Bubble Bobble (1986).
Virgin Games' Disney's Aladdin (1993).
Doom for Sega Saturn (1997).
Doom II: Hell on Earth for Microsoft Windows (1995).
Duke Nukem (1991).
Duke Nukem II (1993).
Ecco the Dolphin (1992).
Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (2002).
Fallout (1997).
Fallout 2 (1998).
Final Fantasy VII (1997) [less than a year after release].
Final Fantasy VIII (1999).
Gemini Rue for Android (2014).
Golden Axe (1989).
Grim Fandango (1998).
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete (2000).
Hollywood Monsters (1997).
Homeworld: Cataclysm (2000).
Icewind Dale II (2002).
Lure of the Temptress (1992).
Marathon 2: Durandal for Microsoft Windows (1996).
Mass Effect: Pinnacle Station (2009).
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee for Microsoft Windows/DOS (1997).
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus for PlayStation (1998).
Prince of Persia (1989).
Ridiculous Fishing for Android (2013).
Saints Row 2 for Microsoft Windows (2008).
Sonic Spinball (1993).
Star Control 2 for DOS (1992).
Tribes 2 (2001).
Virtua Racing (1992).
Virtua Formula (1993).
Zool for Amiga (1992).
ZZT (1991).

There's only beta source code surviving for Disney's Beauty & The Beast: A Boardgame Adventure (1999), Donkey Kong (1983) [Atari 8-bit], The Little Mermaid II: Pinball Frenzy (2000), Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee [PSX], Silent Hill 2 (2001), and Silent Hill 3 (2003).
It's a pity that source code releases aren't more common.

BioShock (2007): Recovered and it compiles fine.
Blake Stone: Planet Strike (1994): Recovered, released under the GPL.
Virgin Games' Disney's Aladdin (1993): Recovered by the Video Game History Foundation.
Ecco the Dolphin (1992): Recovered by CodeFire to make a Game Body Advance port.
Fallout (1997): Recovered by Tim Cain. It does not compile.
Grim Fandango (1998): Recovered.
Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete (2000): Source code for the Mac port recovered.
Prince of Persia (1989): Recovered, available on GitHub. github.com/jmechner/Prince-of-Persia-Apple-II
Saints Row 2 for Microsoft Windows (2008): Recovered, an update it's on the works. Deep Silver and Volition promised Mike "IdolNinja" Watson that they will finish the update no matter what. The likelihood of Volition actually delivering, however, it is pretty low.
Sonic Spinball (1993): Recovered by CodeFire to make a Game Body Advance port.
Virtua Formula (1993): Recovered, used as the basis for the Virtua Racing port for Nintendo Switch.
ZZT (1991): There's a byte accurate recreation on GitHub under the MIT License with the blessing of Tim Sweeney.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it's fake
Back in the late 90's Nintendo outsourced their entire corporate data storage to a different company that was ran by one of the designers of the N64
That company would also be handling large parts of hardware design and every single part of Nintendo online infra from websites and backups to game servers.
When the migration process started Nintendo backed up literally anything digital they could get their hands on to this cloud where everything now resides. Incidentally said cloud has been transferred via mergers and acquisitions to Acer, the company that makes your moms laptop.
Said cloud is also where the gigaleaks came from.

>It's a pity that source code releases aren't more common
blame the industry being allergic to open source and absolutely autistic with copyright

iirc the source code for all of the og GameBoy Mega Man games is completely lost.

Was it officially confirmed?

No one is dumb enough to actually believe this, right? Everyone posting here is joking, right? Please tell me everyone is just making fun of this because the joke post by Liam got picked up by a no name website as a fact. Please tell me the image in the OP is ironic. Restore my faith in humanity

The guy was just making a joke about how Pikmin 4 will never come out no matter what, you fucking re-re's

Attached: Alara.webm (800x450, 844.22K)

>liam robertson
Let me guess, you also think Star Fox Grand Prix is being announced any day now?

That was before the internet and cloud services were well established.
Nowadays every single company saves source code on some repository, and that's how you get those massive leaks because some retard gave his password away.