I’m downloading this right now. What am I in for?

I’m downloading this right now. What am I in for?

Attached: 6F8C20F3-3A9A-4FD7-B2DD-DC9CD282593B.jpg (1423x1423, 97.16K)

Weeks of not having fun while not knowing what to do that will turn into months of knowing what to do and still not having fun

A worse version of League, not that either game are really good to begin with.

It's more fun when you dont know what you're doing if theres no smurfs in your games

More like weeks of not knowing what to do that turn into months of thinking you know what to do.
And eventually, by the time you realize what you should do, the game's not fun anymore.

angry sweatlords who have played the game for thousands of hours yet are still so shit at the game that they get matched with you, and they get even angrier when they realize you're new.
teammates who are simultaneously way too ballsy and way too passive, running in to die in pointless fights constantly and sitting around doing nothing when they have a golden opportunity to push, resulting in >60 minute games.
fuck around blindly for the hell of it, or play the game with friends who can fill you in on the basics if you want to actually have fun in dota.

exclusively play as sand king vs bots, that's what gabe newell does

If you are playing alone, you may as well delete this game.

Engagement based matchmaking

if you've played mildly complex strategy games or are pretty familiar with RTS type control schemes you will love it

learning dota was singlehandindly the best gaming experience of my life, it was 2012 mind you

Into cyкa and probably a little блять

I haven't played since around the time they added Ember Spirit. How much has it changed?

It's in many ways completely unrecognisable.

In a good way or a bad way? How did the talent tree thing work out?

good and bad
unfortunately you won't recognize most heroes because of skins
some of the new mechanics are fun tho

If you've never played, you are not going to have any clue what the fuck is happening. Watch hero spotlights and narrow down to 3-4 heroes you think look fun. Exclusively play that pool until you get the basics of the game. It is a fun game by the learning curve is no joke.

The sidelanes are all about "brawling", you run duo on both off and safelane and kinda run at each other because dying early is a lot more low risk and so-so reward, better players will pull a creep camp into their creeps to deny entire waves of farm and xp and the focus of the whole laning stage is fighting over the control over this mechanic. Middle is a bit more about farming nowadays since the rune RNG of the first few runes was negated by a health/mana restoring "water rune" spawning in both places the first few spawns. You can still vary it up mid and roam and gank but just shoving the wave with spells and farming the nearby stacked small camp is usually more safe and consistent. The valve heroes are really cracked out imo, all their abilities have very thought through baked in utility, mobility,cc or damage for all their abilities and even the supports have carry potential.

Oh and sideshops are gone, everyone has a free personal courier from the start of the game, there is a captureable teleport station/target in the safelane jungles and the new items are very fun.

If you're on EU
>russians, turks, arabs and fr*nch screaming at you for doing anything they don't like
>leaving after dying once
>picking meta heroes that their favorite pro player use and failing miserably with them
>reporting you for nothing
Welcome to dota

anger and joy

You missed the bus
DOTA is well passed its prime and is only a shadow of what it once was

1. Don't try to grind rank it's really not worth it and you will hate the game quickly
2. Remember that flaming everyone and getting flamed is part of the appeal of the game, don't take it personal

Eternal virginity.

Playing one of the best games out there but not grasping any of it.

A social experiment that is made to bring out the worst feelings in you.
I stopped playing after the Grant witch hunt and haven't relapsed since.
Most of the community and almost all of the Talent scene are complete garbage.
Mason, the posterchild of manchildren, is the last bastion of fun in this redditified game

this guy gets it.

Attached: 1653282980175.jpg (1024x534, 84.1K)

What's 12v12 like?
Is it like a tf2 pub?

Attached: 1612223980891.jpg (556x389, 26.21K)